Why did you choose your screen name?

Vivien

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 06:25 am
Why do you use the screen name you use?

Mine is pretty boring - it's just my own name.

What about others? some names I can't imagine where they come from and would love to know.

And your avatars - why the one you have? I love cats and really liked other peoples animated avatars so found this.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,070 • Replies: 76
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 06:30 am
Well, mine has a dual meaning. I love caviar, and Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, hence cavfancier. I am a luxury private caterer, so the Ronald avatar with the 'Eat ****' sign appealed to me on two levels: I liked the irony of the McDonald's thing, and I joke around a lot, so a clown seemed appropriate.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 06:35 am
I am same as you vivien, my name is my real name...

As for my avtar, I am an Indian prince ... aint i ?? Smile
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 06:39 am
aaah! Yours was one i didn't understand - thanks for the explanation cav!

and Gautam - errr your highness? of course I should have known Very Happy Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 06:39 am
Not just a prince, Gautam, a gentleman as well Wink
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 06:40 am
Tis okay Vivien, my wife doesn't understand me either Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 07:29 am
I, too, have elected to use my real name as well as posting my actual photo. I will be adding a more current photo since I have bulked up considerably since the one on the left was taken.
0 Replies

3octopuss3

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 08:29 am
Hey Viv,

My name represents the most loved hobbies of my life..3..3 33 was my softball number when I played softball. I'm a scuba diver, and the Octopus holds much fascination for me and I have chosen it to represent my inner icon (its stitched on my diving gear, etc)

The superhero for me represents a strong, beautiful, sexy woman with superpowers, who looks black at first, but may be mixed with something else...

I love mystery and power........ Cool
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 08:33 am
Mine is/was a wish for high dice while playing backgammon at yahoo, my avatar is more or less my job!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 08:37 am
Mine is an obscure reference to Irish mythology, and a personal joke.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 08:40 am
Gust, what has bulked up...you, or your 'fro?

My name just popped into my head. Like Forest Gump says, "and that's all I have to say about that."
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 09:13 am
Equus: I like horses, and on another site years ago the handle "horse" was not allowed because it is a synonym for heroin, so I had to choose another handle. Plus, my real first and last names both start with a "W" and 'equus' has a double u.

avatar: this is only my second avatar. Both this and the original one (monster newscaster from Futurama) are monsters that are also humorous. I guess this is my view of life- horrific and funny at the same time.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 09:27 am
I'll let you folks guess why I chose that name -- and that avatar!
0 Replies

blubomber

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 09:34 am
mine is what my friends and i called my first car that i had in highschool and a few years after. It was a 1981 toyota Carolla two door with the 1.8L motor. It was light blue with a white interior. The car went anywhere and did anything. It survived many trips from LA to Vegas and many miles in the So. Cal area. I later gave the car to my friend, and it took her from OKC to NYC and back and then to LA again.

I miss my car. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

But we still have our memories. Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 09:59 am
Mine started in the "good ole days" of Abuzz. I started using "takeo22b," until somebody else decide to use "kateo." That was not agreeable to me, so I started to think about a good aka on Abuzz. Then the idea struck me; why not something to do with travel, because that's my first love. I've heard some time before than that "cicerone" was Italian for a tour guide. My wife has hounded me for the longest time to become a tour guide, because of my love of travel. However, I will NEVER work as a tour guide, because they work too hard. After all, I'm retired. So I added "imposter." cicerone imposter became my nom de plume since then, and carried it over to A2K.
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 10:05 am
On the Abuzz site I was Robert Smith which is my name. When I came to a2k I became bobsmyth as in bob's story. Somehting happened so I couldn't log in so I became for a short time bobsmythhawk just adding to my name my favorite activity which is banding hawks for U. S. Fish and Wildlife. When I could use it I dropped back to using bobsmyth.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 10:23 am
Robert Smith? Do you look like this?

http://keir.net/images/bob.jpg

Or this?

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/satnews/images/robert.jpg

Surely there can't be more than two people with that name...

I chose my screen name because if I chose someone else's they'd be mad at me. (It's an irish hound, though, in case you're wondering, misspelled in the tradition of my great-grandfather, Odus.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 10:37 am
I choose italian words for screen names, passwords, my dog's name, etc.

Picked Ossobuco for my abuzz name, and now a2k name, because I like the sounds in it, and secondarily because it reminds me of eating at a small trattoria in Modena, where I ordered the dish. Have been waiting years now to be be lit into for promoting eating veal, which was not my intent...but nobody has yelled at me about it. Yet.

My avatar was picture of a Rosso Fiorentino angel for my first months on a2k, and now is a picture of my dog Pacco, typing.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 10:38 am
patiodog, what's the correct spelling? You mean it's a breed, like shih tzu or whatever?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 10:40 am
paddy?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why did you choose your screen name?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 06:39:59