Why did you choose your screen name?

sozobe

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 10:42 am
D'oh. Right. I was thinking, like, obscure ancient celtic dog breeds. That makes sense.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 10:48 am
patiodog....oh the painful high school memories of crimping irons, hairspray and The Cure...yep, Goth child myself...
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 11:05 am
Patiodog.....I don't look like either. New Hampshire has a senator named Bob Smith and I was asked once if I were him. I told them no I never learned how to lie so I couldn't be him.
0 Replies

dancer

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 12:09 pm
Hi I'm a new member as of today!

I chose my screen name based on my passion--ballroom dancing.
0 Replies

John Garvey

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 12:39 pm
I've been here only a few months and I like it. And I don't like hiding my real name & other details in my profile. So maybe it is time to start filling in the blanks.

I'll start easy: kul91 are the initial letters of Katholicke Universiteit Leuven (Louvain) Belgium. I did a sabbatical there at the American College in 1991, a high point in my life, and discovered Belgium to be one of the great places in the limited travel I have done.

I'll probably fill in my profile completely one of these days soon. I have no reason to need anonymity.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 01:00 pm
bobsmyth, Here's one for you. c.i

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VQAMAzIZqD0Vs2g7tzP1Y8nzqu4g2!x2FmUwR68mCR07Tg!ddcPHYB9s4rOmf1A5FjMARVECwj2V2yjZL!sJUWyTqwas8TjDjgR!tGQZswcuTjDOML45QqHpYInbP2BQ/Galapagos%20hawk%20%20c42.jpg?
0 Replies

owi

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 01:31 pm
all the good names where assigned already, therfor i took the next best one.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 01:32 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I, too, have elected to use my real name as well as posting my actual photo. I will be adding a more current photo since I have bulked up considerably since the one on the left was taken.

Shocked wow! do you enter competitions then?
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 01:34 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Gust, what has bulked up...you, or your 'fro?

My name just popped into my head. Like Forest Gump says, "and that's all I have to say about that."

and is the avatar a photo of you?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 01:35 pm
Gustav enters capybara wrestling competitions. He will likely be too modest to tell you that he almost always emerges victorious.

(paddy o'dog, it be, the my ancestors be more scots than irish, so far's i know...)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 02:26 pm
My Christian name, as it appears on my birth certificate is Bi-Polar Baer, but I thought Baer sounded too ethnic, therefore the change in spelling.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 02:52 pm
Yes, vivien...that's me. My high school graduation picture, actually.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 03:13 pm
i used to be eBeth once upon a time
pretty simple
elizaBeth is my signature, but the whole thing is too long to type
plus the whole e-thing, e-mail, e-ddresses, e-Beth
added the h for 2 reasons - it's my mother (mrs. hamburger)'s first initial, plus the canajun eh thing.

once Setanta started visiting, I really started listening to the people around me - we do say eh! and eh? and eh?!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 03:14 pm
oh yeah, my current avatar is me and my Bailey boy. Since Setanta's got a pic of Miss Cleopatra as his avatar right now, it seemed only right that Bailey get some visibility as well.
0 Replies

gravy

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 03:47 pm
Gravy is my nickname from college; originating from teammates calling my last name (and mispronouncing it) whenever I would score a goal or a basket. Gravy was the most common, least disconserting version.

My avatar is normally some chimp, lemur, etc.., since some "friend" told me I look like Curious George.

My current avatar is a picture of this dude I ran into in a forest. He is one of the few free highland silverbacks, minding their own business up in Rwandan mountains.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 04:06 pm
I've been using Butrflynet since February, 1990 when I first signed up on AOL 1.0. At the time, screen names were only permitted 10 characters so I had to shorten butterfly. I've never really used any other name except when playing characters in roleplaying games on the internet. Even then, my account names have always been Butrflynet. It is such an unusual spelling that I've always found it available when creating new accounts at various domains.

The reason for the name Butrflynet has many aspects to it. Butterflies represent nature, peace, freedom, travel, metamorphosis, inner beauty, change. The Net part of the name had to do with my new found interest and love for the internet, and my effort to search for and capture all those aspects of the butterfly. I loved the play on words in my profile when I put "I used to be a c'pillar of the community" as my occupation.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 04:31 pm
Avatars? Oh, my avatar at present is the best (well, most complicated, anyway) Heeler - German Shepherd - Rottweiller mix you could ever have the uneasy experience of meeting.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 01:00 am
I started off as Gezzy which became a nick name when I was 13. I bought a CB way back when and Gezzy just popped in my head for a CB handle. Maybe it's because my name is Gisele. Anyway, I had different avatars including my own photo when I was Gezzy and then one day I just got tired of being Gezzy, so here I am. I picked Montana because there's a woman who plays a cowgirl in a show that I watch called Snowy River who's name is Montana in the show and she's a lot like me, so I decided that the name fits me pretty well. Of course I had to find an avatar that fits my personality as well.

By the way, I personally think you have a beautiful name and your avatar is Awesome ;-)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 03:47 am
I started off as Riman when I first joined abuzz. I got tired of people thinking that I was a man (not that there's anything wrong with that), so I put "Roberta" in parens after the Riman. When I got here, I said to hell with the Riman. Stuck with my given name.

As for my avatar. The minute I saw it, I knew it was the one for me. I love cats, and I think that black animals are especially beautiful, and I have green eyes. Couldn't resist.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 04:53 am
I was farmerman on abuzz, and then too many peoiple were posting as me with some curious references to body parts. So I changed my name to"The artist formerly known as Farmerman"-Didnt work, had one guy keep leaving some embarrasing little turds around in my name. Then I changed it to "The original Farmerman, accept no substitutes" Then, I just quit hanging around abuzz. I chose farmerman here because I can spell it with little trouble . I think Ive made enough reference about farming that everyone knows that aspect about me.

My avatar is a reference to my biker days when I had the handle "general" cuz I looked like a cross between Latka Gravis and General Grant. Since Ive aged into a nice dotage, I look more like Grant. Hes my ideal of a true ****-off who did well. He and I share similar afflictions except I could really never get into bourbon or any fusel oil boozes.
My original avatar, a sabre tooth cat skull, kept scaring the children so I dropped it

I gotta get me some tickets to Ratzenhofers next capybara cage match. I hear theyre total entertainment.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 04:35:38