receivng queries from other members and replies to them

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 10:11 am
Could somebody please tell me what I should do to receive queries from other members and the replies to their queries?

So far, I've only received replies to my queries.

Thank you very much.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 884 • Replies: 8
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 11:12 am
Are you asking about private messages?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 11:54 am
Yoong Lait--

Just above the box for every thread there is a button Forum Index followed by the name of the particular forum you're viewing.

If you click on Forum Index, you'll have your choice of all the A2K playgrounds.

If you click on a particular forum--such as English you'll be transported to a list of all the threads in the English forum.

At the top of every page, on the left, there is a button New Topics. On the right there is a button New Posts. Both buttons offer browsing possibilities.

Good luck.
0 Replies

Yoong Liat

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 12:37 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Yoong Lait--

Just above the box for every thread there is a button Forum Index followed by the name of the particular forum you're viewing.

If you click on Forum Index, you'll have your choice of all the A2K playgrounds.

If you click on a particular forum--such as English you'll be transported to a list of all the threads in the English forum.

At the top of every page, on the left, there is a button New Topics. On the right there is a button New Posts. Both buttons offer browsing possibilities.

Good luck.

I was referring to queries and replies which I received through my email. So far I'm only receiving my queries and replies to them. Now I want to receive queries from other members and the replies to them through my email.

I wonder whether the above steps can be used to effect the change.

Many thanks.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 02:39 pm
YL--

When you post on any thread, you receive e mail updates.

Or you can look below the posts on the right hand side and click on another button Turn On Updates.
0 Replies

Yoong Liat

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 03:45 am
Noddy24 wrote:
YL--

Or you can look below the posts on the right hand side and click on another button Turn On Updates.

I did that when I joined the forum. However, to date, I'm receving replies to my queries via my email address. But I cannot receive queries of other members and replies to them.

It is really upsetting me a lot.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 04:24 am
Yoong Liat wrote:
It is really upsetting me a lot.

If that is the most upsetting thing that ever happens to you, you will be a lucky person!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 05:40 am
Yoong Liat wrote:
Noddy24 wrote:
YL--

I did that when I joined the forum. However, to date, I'm receving replies to my queries via my email address. But I cannot receive queries of other members and replies to them.

It appears that you have not understood Noddy's advice. If there is a thread which you wish to follow through e-mail updates, go to the bottom of any page and click on "Turn on e-mail updates." You must do that for each thread for which you wish to receive notification of new posts to the thread. Clicking it once in one thread will only send you messages for that thread. You must do it for each thread which you wish to follow.
0 Replies

Yoong Liat

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 09:12 am
Setanta wrote:
Yoong Liat wrote:
Noddy24 wrote:
YL--

I did that when I joined the forum. However, to date, I'm receiving replies to my queries via my email address. But I cannot receive queries of other members and replies to them.

It appears that you have not understood Noddy's advice. If there is a thread which you wish to follow through e-mail updates, go to the bottom of any page and click on "Turn on e-mail updates." You must do that for each thread for which you wish to receive notification of new posts to the thread. Clicking it once in one thread will only send you messages for that thread. You must do it for each thread which you wish to follow.

In another forum, a poster can receive via email replies to his/her queries as well as posts of other members and their replies, if any. So it appears, this forum does not have that feature.

Anyway thanks to all those who responded to my question.
0 Replies