Naked Suffolk Man Gets Jail Time For Beating Car With Pigeon

nimh

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 08:54 am
Quote:
Naked Suffolk Man Gets Jail Time For Beating Car With Pigeon

WTKR.com
Feb 10, 2007 03:48 PM

A man who took off his clothes and beat a dead pigeon on a car outside a home in Suffolk has been sentenced to a year in prison for animal cruelty.

Juan Pablo Lopez of Virginia Beach, who was 30 years old at the time of the incident last July, was sentenced Monday by a Suffolk judge. Lopez pleaded guilty last year to burglary, obstruction of justice and animal cruelty.

He received no time for the burglary and obstruction charges. Police say Lopez broke into the home, destroyed bird cages and freed some chickens and pigeons and killed several of them. The homeowners pulled into their driveway and saw Lopez come running out naked, bashed a dead bird against their car and ran away.

timberlandko

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 08:59 am
What an uplifting tale of human inventiveness - whodathunk anybody might come up with a new use for pigeons?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 09:01 am
lol That must have been one interesting courtroom.

Judge: So, please explain the dead pigeon.

Lopez: I couldn't find a penguin!

Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 09:16 am
OK, one question. How is it animal cruelty to beat a dead pigeon against anything?

I suppose killing it in the first place might be considered cruel, unless of course it was pigeon season.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 10:03 am
cjhsa wrote:
OK, one question. How is it animal cruelty to beat a dead pigeon against anything?

I believe this belongs to Gustav's area of expertise. We will need to wait until he visits this thread.
NickFun

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 10:43 am
When prepared properly pigeons can also make a tasty meal!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 10:47 am
Yeah, he was just tenderizing it. Very Happy
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 10:49 am
cj beat me too it..

the bird was DEAD. Come on..
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 10:52 am
Quote:
Police say Lopez broke into the home, destroyed bird cages and freed some chickens and pigeons and killed several of them.

Freed them? Before the rape? Oh no.... not going to happen..... not on my watch.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 10:55 am
And why the fck did this guy have pigeons and chickens in cages? They should be roaming free! BORN FREE AS FREE AS THE WIND BLOWS...

Lost my mind for a moment
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 10:55 am
Why can't everyone just stop squabling.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 11:12 am
Maybe the cruelty charge was due to his nakedness.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 11:23 am
I would never have thought it possible, but it appears that Habibi has outdone both Edgar Blythe and Reyn for most bizarre "human interest" story. I'd never have thought it possible.

For those unfamiliar with the Virginia Peninsula and the Newport News/Norfolk/Virginia Beach/Suffolk area, this represents an incident of degree of strangeness, and in no way should suggest that strangeness is an alien quality in that area.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 11:24 am
Or, maybe he was sick of squirrel....

Quote:
The New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services issued a warning in January to residents of the city of Ringwood that they should limit their intake of squirrel to no more than twice a week (children once a month). (A toxic waste dump is nearby.) [New York Daily News-AP, 1-25-07]

There's an Interesting cleanup taking place in Suffolk that could cause running naked and beating up on pigeons.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 11:47 am
I was already humming, when I realized the title of your thread was not ... in fact ... a country and western song.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 02:07 pm
Debonkybonk birdondatrunk
0 Replies

nothingtodo

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 12:08 pm
@nimh,
Ahh,
A fellow animal freedom advocate, perhaps.

"I know I am animal, we all die!, lets not lock ourselves away!"
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 11:56 am
@wandeljw,
This story is much too weird/funny not to bring back to the surface of a2k where the light of day can expose it once again! Laughing
0 Replies