edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 05:45 am
Living on the side of a grassy hill in California, we used to fold pieces of corrugated iron, fold one end back, and sled down. Luckily, we only got minor cuts and abrasions.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 06:57 am
When I was 6 or 7 I once saw my brother walk into his bedroom and close the door. I followed him in a few seconds, and when I opened the door he was gone but the window was open. I ran over and saw him running out of the yard. His way of sneaking out.

Of course I then climbed out and hung myself down from the window sill, finally realizing it was still quite a drop. Oh well, nothing else to do but let go. When I discovered the pain was minor, I ran back upstairs and did it another 4 or 5 times, until I landed wrong. ow.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 09:46 am
BBB
Wonderful stories, everyone. Keep it up---reveal your darkest secrets.

I told my second grade class that I was Shirley Temple's counsin. No one believed me. But I did have a cousin who was a carpenter on Shirley Temple film sets. I thought that made me a cousin to her.

I once asked my mother how old she was. She said 78. Of course, I told my classmates. My teachers said being was 78 was impossible. I cried, saying it must be true because my mother told me. That's when I learned that adults, even mothers, lie.

BBB
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 12:01 pm
My brother once stuck a pussy willow in his ear - almost like your nose thingy.

My brother also used to drag his forehead along the floor and recently I caught my daughter doing this.

I used to eat dirt.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 01:10 pm
Linkat wrote:
My brother also used to drag his forehead along the floor

Concrete or Linoleum?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 03:04 pm
Chai wrote:
Linkat wrote:
My brother also used to drag his forehead along the floor

Concrete or Linoleum?

Wood.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 05:23 am
My older cousin and I went up on the roof of the apartment building and moved all the television antennas around. Nobody got reception that night. (He was older, but it was my idea.)

A little girl in my neighborhood got me in such a rage that not only did I beat the crap out of her but I bit her very badly. Her father told my father that I was a little cannibal. Not so. I didn't bite off, chew, or swallow anything.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 07:04 pm
When we lived on my step grandmother's property, I could not resist swiping the great luscious boysenberries she cultivated in the yard. In desperation, she put a white powder over them, then told us we would be poisoned, if we ate any more berries. I did not care about the powder, but continued taking them anyway. Fortunately for me, as I learned later on, the powder was flour.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 07:13 pm
Ok so it was when I was living in Arabia but we caught a gazelle in the fence and put it in the neighbors house (what a mess it made) then there was the time, ok nevermind.
0 Replies

VioletChild

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 07:32 pm
When my oldesst sister was little she put gum up her nose and had to go to the emergency room to get it taken out.

Twice.

In the same day.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 07:33 pm
A gazelle in the house, I love it. Hard on the gazelle, I'd guess, though I'd like to imagine it had a little fun.

Roberta the Instigator..... so baaaaaad.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 11:38 pm
Dys, a gazelle. You bad little boy you.

violet. LOL.

osso, Instigator? Moi? Well, maybe a little. I prefer to think of it as my being the creative thinker.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 10:41 am
Violet
Violet, welcome to A2K---even if you have a gummy-nose sister.

BBB Laughing
0 Replies

VioletChild

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 01:12 pm
Haha, Thank you. Very Happy
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 01:28 pm
When I was about eight, three friends and I decided that instead of using the stairs, we would slide down the gutter that ran from the roof to the ground of our three-story apartment building. Of course, we started from the third floor porch. It was summer, I was wearing shorts and by the time I'd slid to the second floor, six inches of skin from the back of my right thigh had come off. The sting was great, especially with the rust and the mold mixed in it, but I couldn't let go now, could I?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 01:49 pm
eoe wrote:
When I was about eight, three friends and I decided that instead of using the stairs, we would slide down the gutter that ran from the roof to the ground of our three-story apartment building. Of course, we started from the third floor porch. It was summer, I was wearing shorts and by the time I'd slid to the second floor, six inches of skin from the back of my right thigh had come off. The sting was great, especially with the rust and the mold mixed in it, but I couldn't let go now, could I?

My husband did something like that as an adult.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 06:10 pm
Linkat wrote:
eoe wrote:

My husband did something like that as an adult.

geez... Laughing
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 06:16 pm
My mother inlaw - as a child - heard if you put your tonge on the wall of the freezer you would get stuck.

So she did.

Her mother had to poor warm water over her to unfreeze her tongue.

About a week later she did i again... just to check if it was real.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 06:33 pm
Ha, ha, dadpad. When growing up in Arizona, most of us weren't used to freezing weather. when a kid from New York moved into the neighborhood, he told us about your tongue sticking to a pole. We all had to try and we kept doing it just because it was a novelty. We did make sure to have a supply of warm water.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 06:37 pm
I on the other hand was little miss goody goody. I was raised in a kind of family balloon. No clue re playful testing of anything. Thus it was something of a sanity saver to just play with neighborhood kids when I was nine...

I stayed goody goody for a while, and you'll have noticed I've remnants of that. Acted out against it too, natch. I only played with other kids between nine and thirteen, though by thirteen we spent our time walking by a certain boy's house.. Anyway, I was such a good girl. Made up for it some time later, which I suppose was healthy in its way. You could say, equilibrating.
0 Replies