PS2- disabling parental control

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:33 pm
my play station will not let me play any DVD's due to the parental control is there a way to disable it? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
-J
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 33,373 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:34 pm
Why is there a parental lock on it? It shouldn't come that way. If it did, you might want to call the company.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:41 pm
Is talking to your parents an option?
0 Replies

johnnydelight55

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:44 pm
Im 22, so it probably wouldn't do my any good
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:46 pm
johnnydelight55 wrote:
Im 22, so it probably wouldn't do my any good

Why would your parents lock your PS if you are 22?
0 Replies

johnnydelight55

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:49 pm
it came that way, the PS2 reps are worthless
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:51 pm
johnnydelight55 wrote:
it came that way, the PS2 reps are worthless

Ohhh......PS2?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:51 pm
Ours didn't. That's weird. I would call and demand they send you a new one.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:55 pm
I just found this (using google). Let me know if it works

Quote:

yes there is:
1. Enter 7444 in the password section. If your PlayStation 2 then displays 'invalid password', re-enter the password screen and press the select button followed by 7444. This will delete any password in your PlayStation 2's memory. Your PlayStation 2 will then ask you to enter a new password.
2. Enter this new password. You will then be asked to 'confirm new password'.
3. After confirming this new password you will then be allowed to enter the parental control menu.
4. Set the region to England, and the parental lock level to off.
5. Ejecting and closing the disk tray will then save the DVD menu options.
Pantalones

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:57 pm
Mine has it too, it came that way.

I tried it with password 0000 and it worked. I didn't mind having it like that as it's pretty easy to push the X button 4 times and didn't know how to disable the password.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:58 pm
That is so weird.....hm.
0 Replies

johnnydelight55

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 03:00 pm
Thanks all, it works now, guess Im no longer a PS2 adolescent
-J
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 03:34 pm
I am curious...

.. just what DVD's are you watching now?
0 Replies

johnnydelight55

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 04:04 pm
Debbie Does Dalls #987... actually, Requiem for a Dream
0 Replies

T-MAC

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 12:35 pm
check to see if the code works, if it does memorize it. then set it back to parental controls, after you do that take your warranty and send it to the company and tell them that it is not working and that it has parental control, they will send you a new one. take the new one out of the box and put the old one in and sell the old one to a place where they sell game systems
0 Replies

rizu-ferrox

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 06:19 pm
@ebrown p,
Worked like a charm for me, thanks!!
0 Replies

JEP

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 02:58 am
@johnnydelight55,
i finally figured mine out while staring at about 3-5 different discussion and FAQ boards over the subject... when the dvd says it cant play because of the parental lock, hit yes to go to the password screen. hit select, then enter 7-4-4-4 to delete the old one. for the new password, 0-0-0-0 is the easiest to replace it with. Then stop the dvd by hitting the "o" button. from this blank black screen, you can pull up the menu with the select button. go to the icon that says "setup" and in the 3rd tab you should have the parental controls... to get into them, you just enter in the 0-0-0-0 code now. after that, you can change the level to "off". once you've done all this, exit out of all the menus and eject the movie. take it out of the tray and restart. make sure there isn't a dvd in, so it will save all your changes. Happy Gaming, Happy Movie Watching. -JEP
0 Replies

cessna207nn

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 10:30 pm
@johnnydelight55,
if you still live in ur parents house, they have a right to control the time you play on ur play station instead of being a contributing member of society. I'm so sick of the 20 year olds in this country with their 'all about me attitude', try getting a job dude and maybe they will let you play!
ehBeth

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 10:34 pm
@cessna207nn,
The O.P. asked the question 6.5 years ago. He's probably gone on with his life in the meantime.

His parents hadn't put the parental control on the system - the PS2 was delivered that way. You'd have discovered that if you'd read past the title of the thread.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 11:07 pm
@cessna207nn,
Those 20 year olds have been volunteering for military duty for the last 10 years so folks like you don't have to go fight this country's battles and can sit safely at home posting your complaints about them on message boards.

Be grateful that they do so and that you aren't being "volunteered" for their jobs against your will via the Draft.
0 Replies