Grace Hotel and redlight district in Bangkok, Thailand

whataniceman

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 02:21 pm
hi i will tell you what 74 baht is for i have been to thailand 72 times and the money on the bill is for a condom at least he has protected himself and you as well Very Happy
0 Replies

DoubleDown

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 09:17 am
Funny... 74 baht for a condom... did they deliver?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 02:48 pm
Yes with a girl.
0 Replies

stinger65

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 02:14 am
Dear clever-girl
Hi, first of all, you're absolutley right in assuming Grace Hotel is in the redlight district and guys usually stay there for the reasons that you suspect. 31/2 weeks in bangkok is in itself self explanatory unless your boyfriend is on a business trip.???!!!!
Definitely get a check up as people from all over the world go to Bangkok for the same reason and hygiene in this area in NON EXISTANT.
The bill however could mean nothing as such services are never printed out on a hotel bill. No hotel is THAT stupid. These kind of services are strictly cash only.
Hope i have been helpful.
The rest is is your decision entirely. Next time you should ask your boyfriend BEFORE he leaves on such escapades, what his intentions are?
Cheers
not me too

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2008 05:10 pm
re: original poster
74 Baht sounds like the 7% VAT (Value Added Tax) that is charged throughout Thailand. It is usually charged as a seperate line item on the bill. The amount sounds about right assuming the room was a little over 1000 Baht. And yes it is charged every night you stay.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 06:44 am
A normal charge for an extra guest in a Thailand hotel would be around 400 baht. A charge of 71 baht sounds like a mini bar charge, or a credit card surcharge.
And I am speaking from first hand experience.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 06:48 am
@stinger65,
stinger65 wrote:

The bill however could mean nothing as such services are never printed out on a hotel bill. No hotel is THAT stupid. These kind of services are strictly cash only.

That's complete rubbish. Those type of charges are not actually always cash only. In fact I've got a receipt here somewhere which shows the 400 baht charge for a bar-girl whose identification listed her as a resident of Surithani (information which is also on the invoice).
0 Replies

Hypo Crisy

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 09:03 am
@Clever girl,
To quote Jack Nicholson: "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!"

Yes he probably had sex while in Bangkok. Your concern should be whether he wore protection. The moral question is a joke. I think sex is nothing new and while there has been a great deal of liberation related to women, it remains common knowledge that while sex is a big deal to guys it is suppressed for "moral". How many things were (and are no longer) suppressed on woman for "moral" purposes? If you disagree, travel a little. We have it preeetty good here.

Let him buy you clothes and pay for the house you pick and insist on decorating, but also let him be a guy and not be collared and caged because you want to control his natural drive. It sounds harsh but it is true, guys like sex and guys more often than not are the main provider in the household in which they have little say. Trying to hold back a simple natural pleasure from a man is like forcing a woman to wear a Burqua. Have him get tested too!

Try to be open minded about men for a change. You know men are horn dogs, just make sure he is safe about it and enjoy your life. It seems like only 1/2 of the Victorian age has been corrected...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 06:55 pm
@Craven de Kere,
I agree with Craven; 74 baht isn't that much money in US dollars. I was there in Bangkok just last week, and the exchange rate was about 25-35 bahts to US$1.

If you can't trust your boyfriend about his explanation for the charge, I do not believe your relationship will last very long. Trust is one of the major components of a relationship, and you don't seem to have it.

Go find a boyfriend who doesn't travel to foreign countries; you'll feel more secure.
0 Replies

UXB

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 01:28 pm
@Clever girl,
You won't get a bar girl for 74 baht! That amount is just over $2 US! A hooker fee would not show up on a hotel bill anyway! Some "green" tourists might pay a lot for a lady but local expats (the ones without girlfriends or Thai wives) would probably pay something closer to 500 baht to 1000 for the lady and if she is at a bar a fee to sign her out.

The Grace Hotel is popular with Middle Eastern tourists. That area has many restaurants that cater to Middle Eastern tastes.
Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
Some hotels will charge a fee for a tourist to bring a guest back to the hotel but that would not show up on a hotel bill either and it would not be an odd amount. This also applies to the many female tourists who purchase "dates" in Thailand.

There is no trick or way a hooker or bar girl can fool a man into taking her to a hotel! They don't use any drugs, they don't force them with knives or guns - if a guy goes to a hotel with a woman it is because he wants to! Some tourists are so stupid they think they have a girl but it turns out to be a katoey (guy that looks like a girl, even with big boobs, maybe surgically altered-maybe not.) If he had a date with a "lady-boy" his chance of getting infected may be even greater! Katoeys are popular with some Middle Eastern men, some kind of exception with the Koran or something???

Maybe easy availability might influence him to do something he would not do at home but it is a choice the guy (or Farang woman) freely makes! No tricks - no gimmicks!

Too bad - so sad!
Wilso

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 08:26 am
@UXB,
UXB wrote:

A hooker fee would not show up on a hotel bill anyway!

At some hotels it will. I don't know where you people are getting your information from.

PS. I'm writing this post from a hotel internet computer in Silom Bangkok.
0 Replies

redearth

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 06:10 pm
the 74 and change may be the guest fee , which is levied by many thai hotels which partly rely on the sex trade, however i am confused why its not a round figure ie 100/200 baht, the normal standard charge. it may turn out that he was right after all and had a coke every night. anyway i shouldent be telling you this considering i am about to cheat on my girlfriend........again!!!! when will i ever change!!!!!
Wilso

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2009 10:26 pm
@redearth,
74 baht won't be a guest fee. Typical guest fees, depending on the hotel will be 400, 500 or 1000. They'll always be a round number. It sounds like a mini-bar charge to me.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 05:49 am
worry more about the Swedish girls . . .

seriously, if his traveling causes you such stress, he is not the guy for you.

trust is essential in a relationship.

apparently you feel that your guy has a wandering dick

that's no way to live.
0 Replies

saahil

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 01:59 am
74 baht was the bill for a pack of 3condoms...
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 09:17 am
WOW - just saw how old this post is.

I will comment anyway . . .

lWhat do you mean he is telling his "bar stool friends" one thing and you another?

If he is bragging about his sexual experiences ANYWHERE else, then you need to let him go. Clearly, he is not ready for an exclusive relationship. And, yes, this could be a health issue for YOU if he is messing around.

I don't know why people stay with other people who hurt and humiliate them. But I guess that's a dark side of love. I hope Clever girl took care of herself.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 10:13 am
When I saw the title of this forum, it made me laugh. Bangkok is the 'red light district.'
0 Replies

jacksondisuja

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 02:44 am
Grace hotel has different categories of rooms, the best ones are in Block C, those which cost 1600 Baht (approx. 49$ a night) and overlook the swimming pool). These rooms are spacious but not well lighted. The bathroom is clean. The customer service especially the receptionists in the hotel is bad except for one lady who is referred to as Mama.

0 Replies