Is Jesus true man AND true God?

giujohn

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 08:01 am
@Patches,
No you didn't.
giujohn

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 08:05 am
@peacecrusader888,
Yeah I'm familiar with all the different accounts of how the Bible was written including the one where it says through divine intervention by the hand of God... Which means the book should never be interpreted what it says in the book is exactly what God meant to say. And if you subscribe to that theory then you have to accept that God is incredibly imperfect and certainly not omnipotent and thus is not worthy of worship.
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 04:10 pm
@giujohn,
You do not know of the things I have seen and heard.
giujohn

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 06:07 pm
@Patches,
Yes I do...it's called an hallucination...I know this because it can be empirically proved that the existence of an omnipotent entity would preclude the universes formation. You were 9 years old...nuff said.
Krumple

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 06:10 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

I saw Jesus when I was a nine year old boy. I've heard Father God's voice. Seen the Holy Spirit, an angel, demons and the dead.

Who cares? I don't. It's meaningless to me. It doesn't make any of it true or real. So what's your point?
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 08:11 am
@giujohn,
I have never hallucinated in my entire life. I heard Father God's voice, seen an angel three times, seen and talked to both demons and the dead when I was in my forties. You would have to be like God - in all places at all times to know that He doesn't exist. And you are highly mistaken if you believe He does not exist.
giujohn

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 09:24 am
@Patches,
Well the fact of the matter is that your credibility sucks in as much as you claimed to have seen these apparitions at the age of 9 and now you're claiming to have seen them at the age of 40. Hallucinations in people are really not that uncommon in fact they happen frequently for a myriad different reasons. The only difference is if you see pink elephants you usually recognize it as a hallucination but if you see God you believe it to be real only because you believe God is real... He is not. God is not even a possibility because as I stated before his mere existence would preclude the existence of this universe. And that's a scientific provable fact. But you are welcome to your hallucinations... Whatever Gets You Through the Night man... just stop trying to proselytize everyone else.
Patches

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 10:32 am
@giujohn,
I said I saw Jesus when I was nine years old. All the rest of my experiences happened in my forties. None of it was a hallucination. I speak the truth. Science has not, will not, and never will they prove the non-existence of God because I know He is real.
giujohn

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 10:36 am
@Patches,
Science can and does proof that God does not exist... Your inability to accept the facts is directly related to the Blind Faith that as a Christian you are mandated to exercise.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 01:10 pm
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:

I believe He is. Isaiah prophesied about 700 years before in 7:14: "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign: Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." Who is the virgin? Mary. Is Immanuel Jesus (Matthew 1:23)? Yes, it is. Immanuel means "God with us." Is Jesus God? Isaiah 9:6 states: "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." So the son shall be "The mighty God, The everlasting Father." In John 10:30, Jesus said, "I and my Father are one."

I'm surprised the JWs haven't been around to play dueling Bible passages with you.
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 01:14 pm
@giujohn,
My faith is not blind for I have seen and heard the reality of God and the devils with my own two eyes and ears.
giujohn

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 05:24 pm
@Patches,
Wrong. The bible says that those who have faith in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary have the strongest faith...that's the definition of blind faith....so you who have faith because you have proof are a sub par Christian I guess.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 07:43 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
Is Jesus true man AND true God?

The letter J in our alphabet is about the same age as the first slave ship to America that was named "the good ship Jesus" or "Jesus of Lubeck," " That was about 500 years ago.
Many people were crying out for Jesus to come back and take them home.
peacecrusader888

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 02:34 am
@Patches,
Patches says:
I have never hallucinated in my entire life. I heard Father God's voice, seen an angel three times, seen and talked to both demons and the dead when I was in my forties. You would have to be like God - in all places at all times to know that He doesn't exist. And you are highly mistaken if you believe He does not exist.

My reply:
When was Jesus Christ born? When was He crucified? What does the Father say about the Trinity? Prove that God exists.
peacecrusader888

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 02:49 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic says:
The letter J in our alphabet is about the same age as the first slave ship to America that was named "the good ship Jesus" or "Jesus of Lubeck," " That was about 500 years ago.
Many people were crying out for Jesus to come back and take them home.

My reply:
Please read the number of Jesus as 888 in http://aristean.org/jesus888.htm . The name of Jesus in Greek was IESOUS (iota, eta, sigma, omicron, upsilon, sigma).
Smileyrius

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 03:55 am
@peacecrusader888,
Why Greek and not his Hebrew name "Yehoshua", would that not be more apt, seeing as Jesus was a Jew that operated in the land of Judah?

What would his number be based on his Hebrew name?
Patches

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 06:54 am
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader 888 said,

"Prove that God exists."

This is proof whether you or anyone else believes it or not. Some people go into a frenzy when you offer proof of God. So I am not going to debate it!

Identifying the Holy Spirit

This is a photograph of the Holy Spirit descending like a dove.
http://i.imgur.com/u1NzHvh.jpg

Below is a photograph of the Holy Spirit in his spiritual bodily form and motionless.
http://www.hauntedhovel.com/images/orb9.jpg

This is a painting showing the Holy Spirit upon the Apostle Saint Andrew.
http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/files/2014/01/halo.jpg
The Halo is found in scripture as the Holy Spirit alighting and remaining upon Jesus.

The Holy Spirit is also known as the Spirit of God.

Mathew 3:16. When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

John 1:32. John testified saying, "I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him."

The photograph at center is of the Holy Spirit in His spiritual bodily form.

Luke 3:22. And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, "You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased."

The Holy Spirit in His spiritual bodily form alighting and remaining upon Jesus appeared as a Halo.
giujohn

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 07:25 am
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

peacecrusader 888 said,

"Prove that God exists."

This is proof whether you or anyone else believes it or not. Some people go into a frenzy when you offer proof of God. So I am not going to debate it!

Identifying the Holy Spirit

This is a photograph of the Holy Spirit descending like a dove.
http://i.imgur.com/u1NzHvh.jpg

Below is a photograph of the Holy Spirit in his spiritual bodily form and motionless.
http://www.hauntedhovel.com/images/orb9.jpg

This is a painting showing the Holy Spirit upon the Apostle Saint Andrew.
http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/files/2014/01/halo.jpg
The Halo is found in scripture as the Holy Spirit alighting and remaining upon Jesus.

The Holy Spirit is also known as the Spirit of God.

Mathew 3:16. When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

John 1:32. John testified saying, "I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him."

The photograph at center is of the Holy Spirit in His spiritual bodily form.

Luke 3:22. And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, "You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased."

The Holy Spirit in His spiritual bodily form alighting and remaining upon Jesus appeared as a Halo.

Oh I'm sorry patches I guess you didn't get the memo. Those pictures are not of the Holy Spirit but are UFOs from the planet Reticula.😵
Patches

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 09:36 am
@giujohn,
If this is as far as your intellect stretches, you have my sympathies.

Psalm 14:1. For the director of music. Of David. The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.
giujohn

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 10:19 am
@Patches,
Can you prove that there aren't aliens visiting us from the planet Reticula?