Is Jesus true man AND true God?

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2016 05:38 pm
I believe He is. Isaiah prophesied about 700 years before in 7:14: "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign: Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." Who is the virgin? Mary. Is Immanuel Jesus (Matthew 1:23)? Yes, it is. Immanuel means "God with us." Is Jesus God? Isaiah 9:6 states: "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." So the son shall be "The mighty God, The everlasting Father." In John 10:30, Jesus said, "I and my Father are one."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 10 • Views: 7,093 • Replies: 101
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2016 06:52 pm
@peacecrusader888,
That's your right to believe, and hundreds of millions believe as you do.
peacecrusader888

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2016 07:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thank you, cicerone imposter.

It was taken from the Holy Bible, the word of God. In Revelation 19:10, "for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy". Why is it true? Because of prophecy!
loardeva

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2016 06:10 am
@cicerone imposter,
Yeah, I totally agree with you.
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2016 08:01 am
Jesus is God from God. He is not Father God. He is His Son. He is the third person of the Holy Trinity...Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. And all three are the one godhead.

Jesus is also 100% human and 100% God.
oristarA

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2016 08:56 am
@cicerone imposter,
Would you like to tell me how to change Avatar? It's easy in other sites (forums). But there seems to be no options for me to do it in A2K.
giujohn

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2016 10:12 am
@peacecrusader888,
Who wrote the bible?
Krumple

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2016 10:53 am
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

Jesus is God from God. He is not Father God. He is His Son. He is the third person of the Holy Trinity...Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. And all three are the one godhead.

Jesus is also 100% human and 100% God.

You think it's odd that Jesus's story is similar to other stories?

You think it's odd how much detail there is about Mary being pregnant walking around tripping over stones to visit her cousin and talking to angels but absolutely nothing after Jesus's birth for thirty years?

Not even a childhood story of any kind, nothing. It's like he didn't exist for thirty years and then bam pulling out magic tricks left and right and no one can stump him. I call bullshit.

How can Jesus have a follower who witnessed him do dozens of remarkable acts of pure magic and then suddenly doubt him? Doesn't make sense.

Jesus doesn't know he's god? Jesus isn't aware he is meant to die for humanity. "Why have you forsaken me?" Is NOT something you ask if you are aware you are God and are meant to die for humanities redemption.
giujohn

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2016 12:21 pm
@Krumple,
The bible really should be in the fiction section... mediocre at best.
Krumple

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2016 12:38 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

The bible really should be in the fiction section... mediocre at best.

It's a terribly bad compiled book. The characters are flat and often stupid, not just a little stupid but drastically stupid. The plots don't make sense in a broad perspective, they have to be deminished or else they contradict. So it's not even worthy of the fiction section. I feel bad for any tree that lost its life so a Bible could be printed on its corpse.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2016 12:52 pm
@Krumple,
That said, isn't it interesting that so many in this world still believe in it with all the errors, omissions and contradictions. As you say, even as a work of fiction, it falls flat.
I say this even as all my siblings are Christians.
Krumple

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2016 12:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That said, isn't it interesting that so many in this world still believe in it with all the errors, omissions and contradictions. As you say, even as a work of fiction, it falls flat.
I say this even as all my siblings are Christians.

A movie can have blatant plot holes and weak characters yet some will think it was a great film.

Consistency is not humanities strong point.
TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2016 01:00 pm
@oristarA,
The avatars are generated through a site called Gravatar. You'll have to set up an account there and upload a picture. Be aware that your avatar will follow you wherever you are registered with that email address. I chose a silly picture of JarJar Binks as my avatar but then saw it on another site where I need to be perceived as a professional, so cancelled it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2016 01:05 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
A movie can have blatant plot holes and weak characters yet some will think it was a great film.

Just goes to prove that we are all subjective beings living in a very complex world. I don't think we'll ever have all the answers.
Krumple

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2016 02:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:

Just goes to prove that we are all subjective beings living in a very complex world. I don't think we'll ever have all the answers.

When everything is known or understood, I think life might lose some of its magic. I'm fine with not knowing..
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2016 02:35 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
When everything is known or understood, ....

I do not think that is possible. Even the smartest physicists do not have the understanding of many subjects.
Krumple

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2016 02:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
When everything is known or understood, ....

I do not think that is possible. Even the smartest physicists do not have the understanding of many subjects.

True. But I think it's only because the details are so subtle and tiny we miss them in everyday experience. like looking at a pool of water, who actually looks at the water and thinks, it's just billions of atoms sploshing around?
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2016 08:48 pm
@giujohn,
guijohn asked:
Who wrote the bible?

My reply:
According to the spirit of Ama and for your information, there was no Holy Bible before. The children of the disciples pieced together the notes of their parents and wrote the stories in the Bible. The children were not eyewitnesses of the events.
oristarA

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2016 09:22 pm
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

The avatars are generated through a site called Gravatar. You'll have to set up an account there and upload a picture. Be aware that your avatar will follow you wherever you are registered with that email address. I chose a silly picture of JarJar Binks as my avatar but then saw it on another site where I need to be perceived as a professional, so cancelled it.

Uploading pictures online elsewhere is easy. With a picture link, how to make it show in my avatar in A2K?
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 07:39 am
@Krumple,
I saw Jesus when I was a nine year old boy. I've heard Father God's voice. Seen the Holy Spirit, an angel, demons and the dead.