Medicare question

chai2

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 04:14 pm
Those on medicare are familiar with the gap, or dreaded "donut hole" where you have to spend quite a bit of your own money until you go into the final stage, where Medicare picks up most of the costs again.

Each month I wait for the letter/report from Medicare that informs us where we are in the donut hole. Useful information when doing monthly budgeting.

I've looked on the Medicare website but don't see anyplace where one can sign in and view online where you are.
Before I go calling them to ask, I thought maybe someone here knows if that tool is available.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,357 • Replies: 7
Topic Closed
No top replies

chai2

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 04:18 pm
@chai2,
Oh crap.

I made have found something.

roger

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 04:21 pm
@chai2,
All I know is it applies to prescription medications. That would come under Part D.
chai2

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 04:41 pm
@roger,
0 Replies

chai2

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 04:43 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

All I know is it applies to prescription medications. That would come under Part D.

No, I'm not talking about that.

I needed a place to go to view online the information that I get monthly in the mail.

I was able to sign up for an account (for my husband) and chose to receive the info electronically instead, as well as view older notices I suppose. It would update for a day or 2.

0 Replies

chai2

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 04:47 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Oh crap.

I made have found something.

Ok, why the thumb down?
I'm asking an important, and totally legitimate question.

Whoever does this sh!t is a f*cking a$$hole of the 1st degree.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 10:01 pm
@chai2,
I don't know much about it, but Medicare has a blog and there they
discuss the "donut hole" maybe you'll find something there.

https://blog.medicare.gov/2010/08/09/what-is-the-donut%C2%A0hole/

Here you can download your files
https://www.medicare.gov/manage-your-health/blue-button/medicare-blue-button.html
chai2

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 10:23 pm
@CalamityJane,
Thanks Jane, but I've already registered, so from now on I'll be getting the information via the website rather than mail.

I'm very familiar with the donut hole/gap and was just needing a way to look up where we were in it online rather than waiting for the mail.

We should be out of it with a month or so, so monthly costs will go way down.

That's what happens when you're on a lot of medications, some of which are really expensive (even with the mediare discount) when you're in that gap.

We go through this every year.

And yeah, we've got gap insurance as well, but still...
0 Replies