Looking to change away from AARP

Tue 20 Oct, 2015 11:52 am
We've both been with AARP's supplement plan for years, but the copays have gotten much worse lately. Is it that $785 billion that was looted from seniors to pay for Obamacare?

But we're sick of it, and cant afford it on our low income.

Are any of the other plans better? As good a coverage and less copays?

It's all so complicated and confusing, we cant tell.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 9,328 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

oralloy

Tue 20 Oct, 2015 02:02 pm
@MamaBear2015,
MamaBear2015 wrote:
Is it that $785 billion that was looted from seniors to pay for Obamacare?

Probably not. That was looted from Medicare Advantage. It sounds like you are talking about a Medigap policy.

http://www.medicare.gov/supplement-other-insurance/medigap/whats-medigap.html

MamaBear2015 wrote:
Are any of the other plans better? As good a coverage and less copays?

I imagine so. There are generally a range of plans offered by a range of companies. Note though that more comprehensive coverage will usually cost more than less comprehensive coverage.

However, as I've never shopped for a Medigap policy, I've no idea how to go about shopping and comparing policies. Hopefully someone else here has had that experience and can point you in the right direction.
0 Replies

DarleneAyers

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 05:48 am
In my suggestion, you can move to Medicare plans A because its basic plan and easily affordable with any income.
If you move to other plan then choose retired person medicare plans. Retired health insurance plan is deduct their cost or prices after year.

0 Replies

MelissaKay

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 09:23 am
@MamaBear2015,
There's 10 plans available, what you're paying depends on the plan you chose, the carrier you went with and your location. What letter plan do you currently have? Plan F is the most expensive because it gives you the most coverage. Plan F and N are the next best plans. AARP can charge what they want for each plan, but the benefits are the same across all carriers. Your best bet is to figure out which plan you want and then compare that plan with all the carriers in your area.
0 Replies