I am Having problems with medicare Part D

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 06:34 am
I am a Female with Autism the Aspergers kind I really hate medicare part D because Medicare part D turns down coverage to Drugs doctors prescribe because of formulary. What Can I do to get around this problem everytime I get a prescription from the doctor because I have problems everytime I go to the doctor and get a prescription that medicare part D insurance will not cover the medicine that is prescribed..

channing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,369 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 06:53 am
@channing28105,
Speak to your doctor about your concerns on the medication affordability factor. There may be similar meds which your Part D plan will cover.

Additionally, try looking at other plans which are out there which may cover the medication(s) which are prescribed to you. At this time, you will likely have to wait until the next open-enrollment window opens (towards the end of the year); however, you can prepare in advance to make a switch. Examine each plan carefully to find the one best suited to your medication needs. In the meantime, try contacting the pharmaceutical company, often they work with persons who need; but, can't afford a particular med. Note: I said often, not always, still worth taking a look at it.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 07:25 am
Are you low income so you can be on Medicaid?

That would pick up your medication costs.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 07:51 am
@channing28105,
Sturgis and PUNKEY have given the only advice I had.

At the end of last year, the company I was with dropped coverage the only prescriptions I used. They also raised the premium by slightly over 100%. The medicare website showed exactly zero policies available in my area at any price offering the one I needed. I now rely on VA for expensive prescriptions. There formulary is only half vast, but there wasn't much point in paying over $50.00 for no useful coverage.

I suppose there is one suggestion in there. If you have been in the service, do find out if you are elegible for health coverage of any kind.
0 Replies

CPAT30

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 06:37 pm
@channing28105,
Please state exactly what the Medicare D Denial states. The reason I ask there are some drugs which your physician must submit a form for which gives the medical background on why your medical situation requires this medication.
roger

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 07:31 pm
@CPAT30,
And the formularies are at the discretion of the insurance company, and subject to change.
0 Replies