How do I make ice cream with Buffalo Milk, Sugar, Fruit Pulp ONLY?

Tue 21 Jun, 2016 11:24 am
Hi All

Has anyone tried making ice cream using only Whole Buffalo milk (7% fat), Fruit Pulp & Sugar?

I tried a brand called Natural when I visited India. They are fruit flavoured ice creams, which are very rich and super creamy unlike any other ice cream I have ever tasted.

The ingredients they use is Buffalo milk, sugar, fruit pulp.

No Eggs, No Cream, No Stabilizers & No Emulsifiers.

Is it possible to prepare ice cream with only the above mentioned ingredients ONLY?

When I tried it out at home with 7% whole Buffalo milk, the results were poor. Icy mouthfeel. Where am I going wrong?

"Should I reduce the milk to half on low flame so that the fat % doubles.?"

Please share a recipe on how I can make ice cream using the above ingredients.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,756 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed
No top replies

ossobuco

Tue 21 Jun, 2016 12:22 pm
@EricMatt,
I think you will need, if not eggs, then cornstarch or arrowroot, which I don't think of as stablizers (could be wrong)... the buffalo milk should be fine, not that I've tried it.

A good source of how to work this is available on Ice Cream Nation.com. I use the sicilian gelato part of the website, since I don't want to work with eggs for my own reasons.

The guy who runs the site, Anders, is from Finland, if I remember, and he is both very knowledgeable and very helpful to posters. http://www.icecreamnation.org/

Even if you don't want to use cornstarch or arrowroot, he might still have a useful comment to add.

Just looked cornstarch up - http://www.myrecipes.com/how-to/cooking-questions/constarch-substitutes
0 Replies