Ladysky

Reply Tue 17 May, 2016 11:14 am
This is an odd question but I hope someone here will bear with me and answer it for me.

One of my friends contacted me via email that his account was hacked.
According to them - they "contacted" FB customer service", since they "know the right people" and some of their friends are connected investors. They claim"the VPN was breached". This was just a few hours after they last contacted me via messenger.

They say that the big concern is that their messages were being read by third parties and that I needed to delete ALL my conversations with them that I had on messenger. They claimed FB TOLD them to contact all the people they had messaged and tell them to delete their conversations with them. They said FB said to make sure the people know how to delete conversations on messenger.

They say their account originated back when they became a Beta tester due to their relationship with Microsoft. ( How was FB beta tested when it was developed by students and took off like gangbusters. )

According to them, Facebook will decide whether their account is deactivated or deleted... In a few weeks.

So, I'm not completely stupid. No one can CALL Facebook and TALK to a live person! I know they cannot delete messages their from my side of a conversation, so I assume this is all a ploy to coerce me to delete our conversations.

I don't know what a "VPN" is, nor do I need an explanation of what one is. I just need someone else with more knowledge, who can detect bullsh*t, confirm for me that this is all a load of baloney. I just need someone else to confirm that this is sketchy before I unfriend and delete them from my life.

Thanks in advance!

jespah

Reply Tue 17 May, 2016 11:51 am
@Ladysky,
A VPN is a virtual private network. You would know if you were on one - and it wouldn't have squadoo to do with Facebook.

You're right to be skeptical. It's bullshit - a bunch of buzzwords mixed together and then someone hit frappé.

PS You have to be Paul McCartney famous to get personal FB customer service.
0 Replies