farmerman

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 04:13 pm
@Miller,
the chemicals are polar and blend with other suff so they can smell like apples or bananas, AND, unlike the N compounds, they dont hover around
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 11:40 am
@McGentrix,
Back in the end of the 20th century I thought many a left of center liberal questioned whether the U.S. should continue to be the "policeman" of the world. That being said, the inference of the forum being subdued on this terrorism might just reflect the feeling that Europe needs to learn that the EU has pros and cons. Sharing intelligence might be a con in the eyes of some nations? Regardless, a pundit did say on tv that to make ISIS/ISIL less attractive to new recruits, they need to lose some of their territory. The loss of territory supposedly would correlate with the loss of radical supporters eventually. So, the question is who is going to do that?
McGentrix

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 11:51 am
@Foofie,
My opinion? We pay for arms and mercenaries and a middle eastern army made up of middle eastern folks and have them become a long arm of world law. There has to be a rather large contingent of middle eastern men who are not radical Muslims that would be willing to stand up and fight knowing they were going to be supported by someone and not left with their nuts in their hands.

We provide state of the art arms and training, they support the man power. They know the culture, they know the people.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 11:56 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
There has to be a rather large contingent of middle eastern men who are not radical Muslims that would be willing to stand up and fight knowing they were going to be supported by someone and not left with their nuts in their hands.

Based on my reading of the past 10-15 years I'd say there once was - then they discovered that we (west/first world countries) promised all kinds of things we weren't planning to deliver on.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 12:02 pm
@farmerman,
monocle.com has had solid coverage on this

https://monocle.com/radio/shows/the-globalist/1148/

https://monocle.com/radio/shows/the-briefing/1140/

( I think last night's podcast talks about the chemical prep and delivery )
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 02:52 pm
@McGentrix,
That has to be one of the most insane things I've heard. First off consider the success at training the Free Syrian Army. Then where will you recruit these soldiers from? Where will they be based? Are they only going to be answerable to the US? Would the US be responsible for mercenaries' human rights abuses? Each point is a logistical, political and diplomatic nightmare.

This is why I said this topic can not be discussed seriously on A2K. This should be about stopping the bombings, practical solutions, not more war in far off lands US by proxy, almost hands off.

What Farmerman had to say about explosives was very illuminating, can we stick to Brussels and Paris and not what we want to do to Syria please?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2016 08:36 am
Refugee 'saddened' by comparison with Brussels bomber:
Quote:
Anas Modamani attracted a lot of attention in Germany when he managed to take a selfie with Angela Merkel a few months ago. Now the photo is being circulated again, this time by trolls who say he's a Brussels bomber.
[...]
For Modamani, the situation would be laughable if it wasn't so disturbing. Najim Laachraoui was identified as the second suicide bomber who blew himself up at Brussels airport on Tuesday. Police say the Belgian citizen's DNA was also found on a suicide vest used in the Paris attacks last November.
Modamani told DW over the phone he was saddened by how the photo was being used online. The 19-year-old Syrian fled bombing in Damascus and arrived in Germany in September 2015. Since the beginning of the year he's been living with a German foster family in Berlin, where he also goes to German language classes.

Just one website ("News. Truth. Unfiltered."):
German Chancellor Angela Merkel Took Selfie With Brussels Terrorist
saab

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2016 09:17 am
@Walter Hinteler,
That is really sad. The sideaffect of internet is rumours can spread world wide - it is not just within the village anymore.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2016 07:52 am
Brussels bombers had planned to hit France again: prosecutors

0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2016 07:54 am
Meet the man who spent 10 days with ISIS and lived to tell about it

0 Replies