Place to Stay In Brussels?

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 08:57 pm
My niece is looking for a place to stay in Brussels on Jan. 10th. Anyone familiar with the hostels there?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,512 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 09:04 pm
How long is she staying? If she wants a youth hostel, and not a hotel, she probably does not need a reservation this time of year. I traveled around Europe for months and never had a problem finding a decent hostel to stay at night. She just has go to one of the tourist information booths and they will find her a room.
She must take a side trip to Bruges, much more beautiful than Brussels.
squinney

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 09:11 pm
@Green Witch,
She'll be there a few days. I'll mention Bruges to her, but imagine she has well researched her trip.

She just finished her Masters and turns 24 on the 13th. Can she still stay at a youth hostel?
Green Witch

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 09:16 pm
@squinney,
No sure what the cut off age is, it might be 22. Staying at a youth hostel would save her a lot of money and I don't think I was ever in a bad one. Although, she would have to share a room with a bunch of other girls - at least three or four. Even if she can't get into a youth hostel it's easy to use the tourist system to get a hotel room based on what she can afford.

I found Brussels to be a very boring city, but an easy commute to everywhere else.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 09:22 pm
@Green Witch,
I don't know specifically, but hostels have opened up re age.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 09:40 pm
Squinney, check with dagmaraka, she just was in Brussels a few weeks
ago.
0 Replies