Who is the nearest relative of a person?

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 03:53 am
According to the spirit of Ama, the nearest relative of a person is his/her spouse.

View best answer, chosen by peacecrusader888
Tes yeux noirs

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 05:05 am
Who, or what, is Ama? (Do I really want to know this?)
Setanta

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 05:15 am
A cult leader (is or was, i cannot say)--sadly, this is just business as usual at this site.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 07:22 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
The spirit of Ama to most, if not all, of His listeners is Jesus Christ Himself. He is a holy spirit, and if you will believe it, He is THE Holy Spirit, the third person in the Holy Trinity. We (plural) cannot see Him or touch Him, but we can hear Him and talk to Him.

Last month, January 2016, I found that ama is love in a few European languages.
Setanta

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 07:25 am
Which European languages would those be, Perfesser?
saab

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 08:42 am
"Ama" is a Sanskrit word literally meaning "uncooked" or "undigested".
I have difficulties to digested some of the ideas from peacecrusader
farmerman

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 08:47 am
@saab,
its also a ltin verb amo amas amat amamus amatis amant.
AMA is a beginning of a phrase
"Ama sunofabitch"
Walter Hinteler

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 08:57 am
@farmerman,
And to quote Ben Franklin:
"Ama nina passion, rides a mad horse."
0 Replies

jespah

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 09:28 am
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:

According to the spirit of Ama, the nearest relative of a person is his/her spouse.

Then all of us married folk are committing incest. Ick.

#ThanksAma
Tes yeux noirs

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 10:11 am
@jespah,
Quote:
Then all of us married folk are committing incest. Ick.

Not necessarily - in some dictionaries (e.g. Oxford Advanced Learner's) a 'relative' is defined as 'someone connected by blood or marriage'. Incidentally, I recently scandalised a colleague by confiding that I had dated a cousin - in her culture this is considered incest and she was not aware that in Britain it is not.

Walter Hinteler

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 10:45 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Legally, in Germany (and Austria and Switzerland) married partners/spouses are no relatives.
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 12:15 pm
For many purposes a 'relative' can be any connected person. You can have 'blood relatives' and 'relatives by marriage'. Some definitions or usages of 'relative' restrict the meaning to the first of these; some do not. In many US states for certain legal purposes a 'relative' of a public official is defined as 'father, mother, son, daughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, first cousin, nephew, niece, husband, wife, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother, stepsister, half brother, or half sister'. As you can see, these include both types.

In certain British legal usages, a 'relative' type connection does not even have to be created by marriage: habit and custom are enough. For example, the UK Mental Health Act defines the 'nearest relative' of a patient as the highest in this list who exists:

Husband, wife or civil partner (including cohabitee for more than 6 months).
Son or daughter
Father or mother (an unmarried father must have parental responsibility in order to be nearest relative)
Brother or sister
Grandparent
Grandchild
Uncle or aunt
Nephew or niece

0 Replies

Kolyo

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 01:23 pm
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:

The spirit of Ama to most, if not all, of His listeners is Jesus Christ Himself.

Do you mean Her listeners? In some languages, Amma means "mother".
Kolyo

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 01:29 pm
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:

Only among the Targaryens.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 10:30 pm
@Setanta,
The European languages are Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Latin, Corsican, Galacian. I looked for "ama" or its derivatives. It may not be "ama" per se, like in Latin, but it starts with "ama". I used "I love, you love, he loves, we love, they love".
peacecrusader888

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 10:36 pm
@Kolyo,
It is "His" listeners because Ama is male who uses a female physical body as His platform to talk to people. As I explained earlier, He is Jesus Christ to most, if not all, of His listeners.
Kolyo

Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:35 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Well, I definitely wasn't expecting that reply out of all the replies you could have given. You're a good sport.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 21 Feb, 2016 01:39 am
@peacecrusader888,
Not to put too fine a point on it . . . bullsh*t. Even it that were true, and it's not, it would coincidence, and not evidence of any cosmic conjunction.
peacecrusader888

Sun 21 Feb, 2016 02:01 am
@Setanta,
What "cosmic conjunction" are you talking about? It is a true fact that those languages that I have presented have "ama" in their conjugation.
0 Replies

Setanta
  Selected Answer

Sun 21 Feb, 2016 02:10 am
What is true is that you are peddling bullsh*t. Galatians no longer exist as a distinct people, but even if they did, they'd be in Turkey, which is a part of Asia, not Europe. Very few Corsicans use their ancient language as their first language, and that was a Romance language akin to Tuscan, in the first place. That a word "ama" exists in those languages is not evidence either that it is a part of a conjugation of the verb love, nor that your bullsh*t, made-up prophet is anyone significant. There would not be anything portentous about it if what you were staying were true.

Really, you live in a twisted fantasy world in which you and others allegedly hear voices, and want to pretend that that has some religious significance. You are deluded.