Who is the nearest relative of a person?

Walter Hinteler

Sun 21 Feb, 2016 02:30 am
@Setanta,
roger lives close to Ojo AMArillo, mAMA mia!
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 21 Feb, 2016 02:36 am
Roger must be Jeebus' best friend.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Sun 21 Feb, 2016 04:00 am
@Setanta,
What I am doing is sharing to you what I heard and learned from a spirit, a holy spirit, who we (plural) call Ama. He is the spirit of Jesus Christ. I am not recruiting you or anyone for our salvation depends on ourselves--by our faith in the true God AND work.
Setanta

Sun 21 Feb, 2016 04:03 am
@peacecrusader888,
What you are doing is cobbling together a lot of goofy ideas and wedding them to your entirely unwarranted claim to be in communication with a spirit which you alternatively refer to as "Ama" and "Jesus." I did not say that you were attempting to recruit me. As far as i can determine, you are a seriously deluded member of an obscure Filipino cult. There is no reason to take you seriously, which is why so many people come into your threads and make jokes.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Sun 21 Feb, 2016 04:16 am
@Setanta,
I am sorry but the language is not Galacian but Galician. Galicia is at the northwest of the country of Spain. It is not Galatians for they "no longer exist as a distinct people, but even if they did, they'd be in Turkey, which is a part of Asia, not Europe."
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 21 Feb, 2016 04:25 am
You are sorry . . . and you are a deluded cult member who comes here to make absolute statements for which you have no evidence. People rightfully treat you as a crackpot.
Tes yeux noirs

Sun 21 Feb, 2016 04:53 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
a crackpot.

I believe there are certain mental illnesses/conditions in which the sufferer believes they can see embedded messages all around them. Bible numerology crackpots have been on A2K plenty of times. Didn't lots of people (to take an example at random) believe that Paul Macartney was dead because of features seen in the cover design of Sgt Pepper and the booklet of the Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour record? (Paul is shown sitting behind a desk with a nameplate that reads “I Was”; the British flags behind Paul are crossed as they would be in a military funeral; the word “Beatles” on the cover of Magical Mystery Tour when when read upside-down in a mirror supposedly revealed a secret phone number. More here http://turnmeondeadman.com/paul-is-dead-clues-on-magical-mystery-tour/)
Setanta

Sun 21 Feb, 2016 05:21 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Yes, that sort of thing is all too common. The member Manden (who has revealed that his name is Manfred Dangler) has spammed the site with numerous threads, in mnay of which he tells us that the "true god" speaks to him. PC here claims that he and others--he is insistent about the plurality--receive messages from a male spirit in a female body, which spirit is actually Jesus (although he sometimes describes the spirit as the "holy spirit"). The thought processes of such individuals is completely alien to me. Julian Jaynes in The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind argues that humans were not conscious throughout most of history in the sense that we are. In particular, he claims that they were governed in their activities by auditory hallucinations arising in one hemisphere of the brain, and "heard in the other hemisphere as an external voice. This is from the Wikipedia article on Jaynes:

Quote:
Jaynes wrote that ancient humans before roughly 1000BC were not reflectively meta-conscious and operated by means of automatic, nonconscious habit-schemas. Instead of having meta-consciousness, these humans were constituted by what Jaynes calls the "bicameral mind". For bicameral humans, when habit did not suffice to handle novel stimuli and stress rose at the moment of decision, neural activity in the "dominant" (left) hemisphere was modulated by auditory verbal hallucinations originating in the so-called "silent" (right) hemisphere (particularly the right temporal cortex), which were heard as the voice of a chieftain or god and immediately obeyed.

When i read Jaynes' book, i was not convinced, and, as is so often the case, his reference to history and ancient literature were dodgy. However, the experience of people like Manden and PC here certainly do make one wonder.
0 Replies

irisalert

Thu 25 Feb, 2016 10:32 am
really? what i know is that your nearest relative are your parents and siblings
0 Replies