Returning an Electric Shaver

gollum

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 07:50 am
I was once told by a store employee that the store does not accept returns of electric shavers because it is illegal for the store to resell a used shaver.

However, ebay permits used electric shavers to be sold on its site. Is there a public health risk? Legal risk?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,012 • Replies: 7
No top replies

layman

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 07:54 am
@gollum,
Quote:
.....because it is illegal for the store to resell a used shaver.

1. You're not asking them to resell it. You're just asking for your money back

2. Tell him to show you the law that says that.
gollum

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 08:20 am
@layman,
layman-

Thank you.

1. I assume that if the store may not resell it, it will not refund the purchase.

2. I can not find him. I suspect that there is a health related law or regulation prohibit such a resale.
layman

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 08:25 am
@gollum,
Quote:
1. I assume that if the store may not resell it, it will not refund the purchase

Why do you want to return it? Is it defective?

Quote:
I suspect that there is a health related law or regulation prohibit such a resale.

Well, you've been told that by some store clerk. That wouldn't necessarily lead me to "suspect" it. I might in fact "suspect" quite the opposite, i.e., that there is no such law.
gollum

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 08:55 am
@layman,
layman-

Thank you.

I wish to buy an electric shaver. I found a used one on eBay. I was wondering if there is any health or other reason not to buy it.
layman

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 09:08 am
@gollum,
I see. Well, I aint no doctor, but I can't imagine what it would be. You can always "steam clean" the thing, if you're worried about germs, or something, eh?
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 09:48 am
You can use alcohol to clean a shaver, like barbers do.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 11:14 am
@gollum,
gollum wrote:

layman-

Thank you.

I wish to buy an electric shaver. I found a used one on eBay. I was wondering if there is any health or other reason not to buy it.

As already mentioned twice, what would stop you from cleaning the damn blades?! Or buying a new set of blades for the electric shaver? They do sell them.
0 Replies