Is Peanut Butter Your Religion?

JLNobody

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 07:24 pm
@JLNobody,
While my enjoyment of PB sandwiches is unlimited, it is something I do alone. It is not like the good steak dinner one has with another. Does that call to any A2Ker's mind another kind of distinction?
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 09:36 pm
@tsarstepan,
We always have a jar of peanut butter in the house. Good old processed peanut butter. None of that natural stuff for me! I used to love peanut butter on rye toast, but gave up on that, mostly because the hot toast had to be buttered first, before the peanut butter was added. All warm and melty, but ...

Now I limit my PB intake to PB on celery, and occasionally a peanut butter cookie. One cookie!

Our son adds peanut butter, for protein, to his oatmeal in the morning.
JLNobody

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 10:49 am
@mckenzie,
No accounting for taste.
mckenzie

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 08:16 pm
@JLNobody,
So true! Fitness and bodybuilding is his hobby, so he does it for the nutrition.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 08:38 pm
@mckenzie,
mckenzie wrote:

! I used to love peanut butter on rye toast, but gave up on that, mostly because the hot toast had to be buttered first, before the peanut butter was added. All warm and melty, but ...

Heh! At one time, I used to like cinnamon toast. I switched to plain sugar. Cinnamon was better, but passed the point of diminishing returns.
mckenzie

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 08:51 pm
@roger,
Oh, cinnamon toast! Thanks for the memory. I haven't had that for many years, Roger. From my mother, I learned to mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to taste then spread it on toast. I used to give it to my husband (then boyfriend) as a snack when he brought me home. Maybe that's why he married me!
roger

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 08:52 pm
@mckenzie,
Butter! We used to just use cinnamon and sugar in an industrial size shaker. Of course, there was butter on the toast. Maybe it was just to keep the sugar from sliding off.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 09:01 pm
@mckenzie,
Making cinnamon toast on Sunday nights was one of my childhood chores.

I mixed butter, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and put bread on a baking sheet (covered with a tea towel).

Then Ed Sullivan started.

During the first commercial I spread the butter/sugar/cinnamon mixture on the bread and put it in the oven on 200 or maybe 250 (it's nearly 50 years ago so I'm not exactly sure). Second commercial, I went to the kitchen, pulled out the cinnamon toast, cut it into strips and put it on plates for snacks during the second part of the show.

Good memories of the bubbling toast topping
Smile
mckenzie

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 09:02 pm
@roger,
Nope, I think it's an integral part.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 09:07 pm
@ehBeth,
Isn't it a good memory ...

Thanks Roger!

(My dad liked potato chip sandwiches during the Ed Sullivan show.)
ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 09:13 pm
@mckenzie,
makes me want to pull this out and see if it would make a good toast topping

http://www.presidentschoice.ca/content/dam/lclonline/images/products/1979175.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

I use it for topping chai and steamed milk in the winter
ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 09:14 pm
@ehBeth,
and related to the original topic - it ^ is good on top of peanut butter on toasted dark rye (no butter)
mckenzie

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 09:40 pm
@ehBeth,
I absolutely have to look for that topping at Superstore. Thanks. On top of peanut butter rye toast (no butter) that would be so good!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2022 07:44 am
0 Replies

htam9876

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2022 02:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
Funny topic.
People do need something to create “fairy feeling”. Otherwise, life would be terribly dull. Piggy feels the principle of peanut butter is the same as pets / little animals.
Have a lovely day. haha
0 Replies