Denomination

Squeakybro

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 11:54 am
@neologist,
Did you miss this part? Satan could walk in and out of Gods house. And if Job done nothing wrong why did he have to repent?

Job 1:6-7
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.
7 And the LORD said to Satan, "From where do you come?" So Satan answered the LORD and said, "From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it."
(NKJ)

Job 42:1-6

1 Then Job answered the LORD and said:
2 "I know that You can do everything, and that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You.
3 You asked, 'Who is this who hides counsel without knowledge?' Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.
4 Listen, please, and let me speak; you said, 'I will question you, and you shall answer Me.'
5 "I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees You.
6 Therefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes."
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 12:16 pm
@Squeakybro,
Keep researching the Hebrew texts. You may learn something. A lot of things are correspondingly explained or continued in the Greek texts.

Satan had (notice:had) full access to heaven until this event in Revelation 12:7-9
Quote:
And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.
Job accepted reproof for being too anxious to declare himself righteous and neglecting to vindicate God (Job 32:1-2)
Quote:
So these three men stopped trying to answer Job, because he was convinced of his own righteousness. 2 But E·liʹhu the son of Barʹa·chel the Buzʹite of the family of Ram had become very angry. His anger blazed against Job for trying to prove himself right rather than God.
And he acknowledged his sins to God.—Job 42:1-6.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 01:40 pm
@neologist,
Are you admitting he sins and needed a chastisement? From Gods wrath.
neologist

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 02:09 pm
@Squeakybro,
We should be as righteous as Job. Sadly, we all sin and need correction.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 04:04 pm
@neologist,
But wasn't that my point in the beginning.
0 Replies

GorDie

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 06:55 pm
@Squeakybro,
I didn't bother reading. we all agree denomination is anti Christian in nature.
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 08:19 pm
@GorDie,
Well there are no denominations in scripture outside of Christian or jew.
0 Replies