Denomination

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 17 May, 2015 12:02 pm
@Squeakybro,
I find lots of happiness in my life, Squeaky.

And I still have no problem acknowledging the obvious...that I do not know the true nature of the REALITY of existence.

There may be gods involved...there may be no gods involved.

Not sure how pretending one can know...can lead to a happier life...but if it is working for you...STICK WITH IT.

Probably you should stay away from atheist forums...but that is your choice.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 17 May, 2015 12:57 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I have been where your at. Now I'm where I am. The biggest test of all for a born again Christian is if they can keep what they believe under pressure from the knowledge of man. You see I never know what verse the Holy Spirit is going to give me. But it is such a joy when He does. Now if I didn't talk to people(all kinds of people) and give them a chance to change my mind. The Holy Spirit wouldn't have any reason to deliver me with a verse. People have laid logic on me that couldn't be disputed with human wisdom. But it can be disputed with the Word of God. That is what feeds my faith, and makes it grow.
Its all built in the system of Christianity. I think that's why the bible says the only real truth is the Word of God.

John 17:17-19
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Sun 17 May, 2015 01:34 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
John 17:17-19
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
(NKJ)
Speaking of truth:
Quote:
all scripture is inspired by God (2 Timothy 3:16)
I'll be back to school you on the Abrahamic Testament.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 17 May, 2015 02:29 pm
@neologist,
Well you can try if you want to.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 11:54 am
@Squeakybro,
First of all, your citation with emphasis added:
Squeakybro wrote:
Gal 3:15-20
15 Brethren, I speak in the manner of men: Though it is only a man's covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it.
16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, "And to seeds," as of many, but as of one, "And to your Seed," who is Christ.
17 And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect.
18 For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.
20 Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one.
(NKJ)
The law being referred to here is the testament which lends it name to the so called Old Testament. You will notice that it did not annul the Abrahamic Covenant, but was put in place so the Messiah could be identified and, hence, was no longer in effect after the Baptism of Cornelius.

There's more. But I will give you only what milk I feel you may be able to digest.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 12:04 pm
Absolutely amazing how many citations here are from John...and from Paul.

Jesus...not so much.

Only every once in a while from Jesus.

But John and Paul get lots of action.

I wonder why?
neologist

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 12:09 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Waiting for George and Ringo, I suppose.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 12:23 pm
@neologist,
When I wrote that line, I honestly expected a retort of:

"Certainly more than George or Ringo...but the reason for that should be obvious."

Glad you came close...I'd have been disappointed otherwise.
neologist

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 12:57 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Patches has left the arena.
What can we do to have fun?
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 01:33 pm
@neologist,
16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, "And to seeds," as of many, but as of one, "And to your Seed," who is Christ.

lol What is your point? That says the promise was to Jesus. It was done with Jesus. We have known that for 2000 years. And you got that in the new testament.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 01:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
lolol Is there suppose to be some sort of balance with the answers. Maybe you should ask different questions.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 01:48 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

lolol Is there suppose to be some sort of balance with the answers. Maybe you should ask different questions.

Nah...if I were you, I'd stick with John and Paul. You aren't going to get what you want from Jesus.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 02:55 pm
@Frank Apisa,
On the contrary. Jesus is the one that gave me all these revelations. In 25 years I received over 1500 revelations of Jesus Christ. I would say Jesus has given it all to me.
neologist

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 03:08 pm
@Squeakybro,
Yeah, but you know. Those would be unscriptural, right?
1Corinthians 13:10
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 03:10 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

On the contrary. Jesus is the one that gave me all these revelations. In 25 years I received over 1500 revelations of Jesus Christ. I would say Jesus has given it all to me.

Yeah, sure. Jesus Rodriquez, no doubt!

Or is it Hey, Zeus?

C'mon, Squeaky...you were doing just fine. Nothing wrong with "believing" or guessing about these things.

But once you go down the road you are on...you are begging for trouble.

Let me ask you this: How do you know you are not deluding yourself?

And to show you I am a decent guy, I'll give you a hint about the answer:

You cannot!

Just acknowledge that...and you are home free.
neologist

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 03:18 pm
@Squeakybro,
Exactly what was the promise?
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 04:25 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I don't have to guess. The revelations of Jesus Christ have never failed me yet. I just hope that one day everyone will get them.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 04:26 pm
@neologist,
Why?
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 04:27 pm
@neologist,
What difference does that make. The promise was made to Jesus and Jesus got it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 04:28 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

I don't have to guess. The revelations of Jesus Christ have never failed me yet. I just hope that one day everyone will get them.

How do you know you are not deluding yourself?

HINT: (Same hint as earlier.)