Denomination

neologist

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 05:38 pm
@Squeakybro,
Uhh. The promise was made to Abraham
neologist

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 05:41 pm
@Squeakybro,
Once the canon was complete, there was no longer a need for divine revelation.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 06:03 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Because by believing it my life changed. Not under my power but under the authority of God's Word. Miracle after miracle. One time I was riding down the street on my motorcycle and I get this verse.

Acts 2:24
24 "whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it.
(NKJ)

While I was thinking about it a pickup truck turned in front of me and I ran into the passenger door flew over the top of the truck and hit the concrete. So I thought I would take inventory for pain. I couldn't find any pain in my body anywhere. Now what is amazing about that. I'm a disabled veteran-the VA has me at 100% totally disabled. The ambulance took me to the hospital. The doctors ask me where it hurts. I told them I had no pain anywhere. They said I was in shock. So they left and came back in about a half hour. I still didn't have any pain. They were dumb founded because I totaled out the motorcycle. When I got home I got that verse again. And now I know what it means from experience.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 06:04 pm
@neologist,
And his Seed.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 06:04 pm
@neologist,
These are the revelations of Jesus Christ.
neologist

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 06:11 pm
@Squeakybro,
If they were from Jesus Christ, they would lead you to the truth.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 07:09 pm
@neologist,
They have. I'm convinced.
neologist

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 07:37 pm
@Squeakybro,
But you have no regard for 2 Timothy 3:16.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 08:23 pm
@neologist,

2 Tim 3:16-17
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 4:3-4
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.
(NKJ)

Scripture is profitable for the man of God. But not for those God has blinded.
neologist

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 12:20 am
@Squeakybro,
The "god of this age" is not the true God. So God does not blind anyone.

He does, however, present his word in such a way that those who love their own wisdom have difficulty understanding. - Matthew 11:25 - Luke 11:21

For some, apparently, understanding is impossible.
neologist

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 12:23 am
@neologist,
Satan, of course, does his part to veil the good news. But, in the end, it is an individual's attitude that directs or misdirects.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 04:27 am
@neologist,
God does turn them over to satan.
neologist

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 07:43 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
God does turn them over to satan.
Incompatible with 2 Peter 3:9
Quote:
he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 08:00 pm
@neologist,
And if they don't repent. Then God turns them over to satan. Satan is the wrath of God.

2 Pet 3:9
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
(NKJ)

Luke 22:31-32
31 And the Lord said, "Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat.
32 "But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren."
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 09:28 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
And if they don't repent. Then God turns them over to satan. Satan is the wrath of God.
You are a real piece of work. I am so relieved your god will not judge me.
You wrote:
Luke 22:31And the Lord said, "Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat.
Satan demands all of us to be sifted by him. Just as he demanded Job. Just as he demanded to test Jesus. In fact, Satan contends that no person will continue to serve God when put to the test.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 03:15 am
@neologist,
Atleast your not denying it.
neologist

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 08:35 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Atleast your not denying it.
What?
You claim that Satan is God's tool.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 09:08 am
@neologist,
Its easy to find out. Read the first two chap of Job. Then read the last two chap of Job. And see where God took all the responsibility of what happen to Job.
neologist

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 10:52 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Its easy to find out. Read the first two chap of Job. Then read the last two chap of Job. And see where God took all the responsibility of what happen to Job.
Read again:
Satan challenged not only Job, but all humans with his allegation at Job 2:4:
Quote:
But Satan answered Jehovah: “Skin for skin. A man will give everything that he has for his life.
But, God had faith in Job's integrity and allowed Satan to test him more than you or I are likely to experience.

After Job endured and proved Satan a liar God restored him: Job 42 10-11:
Quote:
Jehovah removed Job’s tribulation and restored his prosperity.a Jehovah gave him double what he had before.l 11 All his brothers and sisters and all his former friends came to him and ate a meal with him in his house. They sympathized with him and comforted him over all the calamity that Jehovah had allowed to come upon him.
Emphasis mine

So Job's tribulation was not some test devised by Jehovah. It is from the same motivation by which all of us are tested. Satan has long maintained that we would serve God only out of selfishness.
neologist

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 10:55 am
@Squeakybro,
Good to see you actually look into the front of your bible from time to time.
0 Replies