Blocking advice

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 10:01 pm
Hello I am in my second semester of a theater for majors class and I'm having a problem with finding things to do so I'm not just standing there. I am doing a scene from Detroit by Lisa D'Amour where Kenny ( fresh out of substance abuse rehab ) is trying to get his friend Ben (also out of rehab) to go to a strip club. In the scene Kenny and Ben are moving all over the place and I don't know what to do, I had this problem with an Angels in America scene, it just didn't make sense to me and I didn't understand it. My instructor is really big on moving around he told me to grab my partner and shake her and get really physical, I actually told us to never mind the stage directs that say we're sitting down the whole time. I can see lots of things I can do with Ben in Detroit like be putting my hand on his shoulder or patting his back but my character is high strung so I have to be all over the place. Does any one have any suggestions or examples of what I should do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,224 • Replies: 0
No top replies