Facebook. I can see who's on but can't see who has "liked" or "commented" above that. How to fix?

arby

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 05:23 pm
Sorry but I don't know the proper terms for these things. On the right side, is a column list of who is on FB at that moment. Then, right above, is a column list of who has "liked" or "commented" on what. I can't see the latter any more.

On my wife's FB page, I simply put my cursor at the top of who's on and drag it down which exposes who "liked" and "commented" on what...what ever that feature is called. It will not work on my page though. It won't drag down.

How do I get this back into view?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 729 • Replies: 16
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 05:29 pm
@arby,
On the top right next to where events and birthdays are, there's an arrow that points down, click it, then click show ticker. At least that's what I think you're referring to.

Let me know.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 05:43 pm
@arby,
See the little arrow? Click it and it will say "Show Ticker".

http://oi58.tinypic.com/102s4lu.jpg
arby

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 09:19 pm
@jcboy,
Thanks you two. I see what you both are talking about. However, I'm talking far right... to the edge of the screen. There's a column there containing a list of my friends, with their profile pics, who are on at the current time. It used to be that the height of that column could be adjusted up or down. When adjusted down, I could see another column right above that showed what my friends had commented on. I can't see it any more though. The list of my friends goes all the way to the top and I can't drag it down like I can on my wife's page. Hope that makes sense.

Any ideas?
jcboy

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 09:33 pm
@arby,
Well I'm a little lost about the other column right above that shows what your friends had commented on, that's usually the ticker. I always turn off the ticker and chat so I don't see who's on or who's commenting on what, but if I turn it on it looks like this.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/f07s48.jpg
ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 09:39 pm
@jcboy,
that shows who is online
the ticker is the section above it

I'm looking for the on-off for the ticker - mine is on and I can't see how to turn it off! Smile
jcboy

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 09:41 pm
@ehBeth,
If your ticker is on the arrow is pointing up, click on it and when it points down, ticker is off Smile
ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 09:49 pm
@jcboy,
there's no arrow

I'm going into the settings next
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 09:52 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

The arrow is to the right of friend requests, events and birthdays, that little arrow with the line underneath it. At the top right corner of this screen shot.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/102s4lu.jpg
ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 09:53 pm
@jcboy,
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-hide-the-facebook-ticker/

Quote:
Facebook doesn't allow you to close the ticker, stating:

Quote:
You can't close ticker, but you can make it smaller by moving the horizontal bar between ticker and chat. Slide the bar up to hide ticker and make your chat list longer. Pull the bar down to show more of the ticker and hide chat.

Thankfully, there are quick and easy ways in both Firefox and Chrome to get rid of the ticker.

In Chrome, simply install the Hide Facebook SideBar Ticker extension and the ticker will vanish.

In Firefox, you will need to install a user script. To do so, first install the Greasemonkey add-on and then install this user script. When prompted, restart Firefox and the ticker will be gone. Do note that this user script removes the entire right column of Facebook, including the ticker, event invitations, ads, sponsored stories, friends' photos, and so on.

there we go

I hid it Smile

It's still there, but sort of folded up.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 09:54 pm
@jcboy,
you're showing the column that is to the left of the ticker

the ticker is one column to the right
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 09:55 pm
@jcboy,
ok - the one that shows who is online with the green radio buttons

there is a set of double lines just above it

if you put the cursor on that and slide down, the ticker will be revealed (unless you've used the chrome or greasemonkey extensions to shut it down completely)
jcboy

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 10:03 pm
@ehBeth,
Yep, I just hide the ticker, the ticker will show everyone on your friends list that are posting, even those you are not following.

I always turn chat off so nobody knows I'm online unless I post something. Cool
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 10:16 pm
@arby,
Are you using chrome or firefox as a browser? have you inadvertently installed the feature that turns the ticker off completely?
arby

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 10:18 am
@ehBeth,
I'm using Firefox. I have not installed anything....at least not on purpose.

I took a screenshot to hopefully explain better, but can't figure out how to post it. I think you guys get what I'm talking about though.
arby

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 10:20 am
@arby,
Also.....it works perfectly fine on my wife's FB page on the same computer using Firefox. I just put the cursor over the line and drag it down.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 10:57 am
@arby,
We've got three FB accounts on the same computer - they don't all behave the same way as they have different settings.
0 Replies