Worst video game ever?

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 10:16 pm
What is the worst video game you have ever played?

Was it glitchy? Too difficult? Too easy? Boring as hell and stocked with too many archetypal one dimensional characters?

Does the game publishers nickel and dime the players?

Are these digital failures casual games that bother you most or hardcore video games?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 4,492 • Replies: 17

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2015 09:33 am
I play just one on line game these days. There is no comparison basis. I play Angry Birds (so shoot me).
Volosya

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 10:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
Cannot remember. But there are programmers which are making really bad software(including games)
0 Replies

Wildwind

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2015 05:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
I love angry birds and am playing it right now. Takes a bit of thinking and hopefully you don't throw your computer across the room.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 12:41 pm
0 Replies

trichakra

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2016 11:45 pm
Superman 64 game. I don't like this game.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 10:05 am
@tsarstepan,

Thought lost forever, one of the worst PC games ever has been found
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 10:34 am
http://worldsstrongestlibrarian.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/E_T__106.jpg
oralloy

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 04:54 am
@McGentrix,
What the **** were you even supposed to DO in that game?
McGentrix

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 06:33 am
@oralloy,
Fall in a hole I think.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 06:33 am
@oralloy,
You walk around as ET picking up parts for a space telephone to call home. What's really confusing is that the parts are at bottoms of random large holes in the ground (rinse and repeat ad nauseum).

Everything about this game is an abomination against humanity and culture and all things good.

1. It's super fugly given its terrible graphics capacity;
2. The controls are glitch and terrible;
3. The game play is insanely tedious and pointless;

Atari: Game Over (2014 documentary) is a documentary that pretty much touches on how that game helped kill the Atari console.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 06:34 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Fall in a hole I think.

Laughing Laughing I'm giving you a monster bearhug whether you want one or not! Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2017 05:02 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
What's really confusing is that the parts are at bottoms of random large holes in the ground (rinse and repeat ad nauseum).

Those were holes? I didn't know.

I couldn't understand any point to the game.

Bad graphics are not necessarily a problem for a game. I loved Adventure for instance.

And the Atari could do good graphics too. I still remember the day Pitfall II came out. I played it continuously for a week. I got to the end of the game after playing for a day. I can still remember discovering each new area that day. By the end of the week I was playing 100% perfect games, nabbing every objective without losing a single point.
oralloy

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2017 05:14 am
@oralloy,
By the way, since this thread has me thinking about old video games, a couple years ago I read on the internet about the original arcade Pac Man and the error when you advanced so far where half of the screen was covered by computer code. They said that despite legends, no one had ever successfully played through that level.

I SAW IT HAPPEN.

I didn't know the guy. It was just an arcade game in the front of a store. I must have been in my early teens, and the guy was in his older teens. But I watched him complete the Pac Man error screen.

I didn't think anything of it at the time. Never talked to him or introduced myself. I just thought, wow, he's good at that game.

But then a couple years ago I read an article on old video games and it was claimed that no one had ever successfully done it.

I of course don't have proof. But I remember seeing it.
oralloy

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2017 06:18 am
@oralloy,
By the way, still on the tangent of good games and not bad ones, if anyone misses the old days, almost all of the great old arcade games, plus all the major console systems up through the Sega Genesis/Super Nintendo/TurboGrafx 16 generation have been emulated with very high (and sometime perfect) reliability on modern computers.

You can get good information on what is currently possible for emulating a given system at this wiki site:
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
francocig

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 12:08 am
@oralloy,
Alone in the Dark Wii, average survival horror with fiddly inventory accessed by opening a virtual coat by bringing the nunchuk and wiimote together and miming a book opening.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2020 01:28 pm
Some of those fan-made Mario-related games I have seen on Newgrounds are pretty bad. The controls were too wonky.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2020 08:11 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Some of those fan-made Mario-related games I have seen on Newgrounds are pretty bad. The controls were too wonky.

Just curious.... Do you think the failings of these fan-made video games are due to the creators' programming skills (or lack thereof)? Bad controls? Poor visuals? Incoherent story or dialogue? Mixture of all or some of the above? Or maybe a lack of understanding in what makes a good Mario game?

I don't expect that I would have the time or patience to test out fan-made games. On the other hand? I never been particularly good at playing Nintendo authorized Mario games (though I've enjoyed the ones I've briefly played).
0 Replies