How to write a thesis/movie review for the movie Good Burger?

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 04:48 am
I have to write a review essay, and I don't understand what the thesis is, and I don't know how to write a plot summary without giving away all the plot twists etc. The point of the paper is to make people to be interested in the movie enough so that they'd want to watch it just from reading my review. Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,677 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 07:41 am
@ninabeanuh,
The way you write a review for any film or book is to use broad strokes. Don't go into the details. Instead, you want to give an outline of perhaps the first 1/4 or so of the piece.

Start Googling movie reviews for movies you've seen. NOT Good Burger (why was that flick chosen, anyway? When I was in college, we used to watch Citizen freakin' Kane), and see how they do it. See how far into the plot they go. One thing you should notice is that a review is absolutely not a retelling of a piece. It is a broad outline, with the reviewer's opinion as to how well the dialog, actors, director, etc. get their message across. Does the plot flow smoothly and believably? Or do you lose suspension of disbelief halfway through? Do the actors have chemistry that's believable? Or is someone miscast?
0 Replies