Can we avoid Metaphysics?

fresco

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 11:54 pm
@True Philosopher,
Twaddle !
Do you not see that your handle 'True Philosopher' coupled with the phrase 'Atheist belief system' is an oxymoron. ? Similarly, you appear to have no clue about the limitations of logic.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 12:07 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Everyone who engages in polite conversation avoids metaphysics. You wouldn't discuss the grisly details of an ax murder in polite company, so why would anyone with even an ounce of consideration discuss metaphysics?
Maybe because they want to live in a world without ax murders.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 02:06 am
@akbarjd,
No we can't unless you decide to get your head under the sand.
All knowledge starts with an unknowable axiom!
0 Replies

mark noble

Sat 16 Apr, 2016 10:51 am
@akbarjd,
Define 'we'?
0 Replies

democritus

Thu 16 Jun, 2016 04:32 pm
@akbarjd,
What do you mean with Metaphysics?

There are huge amount of confusion about the meaning of this word, so let us clarify what do we mean:

Metaphysics is a branch of philosophy consists of two sub-branches: 1- Theory of Existence [Ontology], 2- Theory of Knowledge [Epistemology].

If you accept the definition of Metaphysics [as I have outlined above], it seems obvious that you can't avoid thinking or talking on this subjects unless you are not mature enough or have something wrong with you.
0 Replies

mark noble

Fri 17 Jun, 2016 06:49 am
@akbarjd,
'We'?
I abstain.
'Avoid Mp'?
It's a philosophical outlook - Much like Religion.
It is easily avoided via non-participation - Eating cheese is also an act we can abstain from.
A. Don't eat cheese.
B. Loop 'A'.

Do excuse my frankness, but lack of intelligible discourse is now unacceptable for me.
0 Replies

Aetherian

Tue 21 Aug, 2018 11:16 pm
There are times you cannot avoid it, like when I met George King in London 1958 or his public address " Mars and Venus Speak to Earth".
There followed the creation of The Aetherius Society for co-operation in metaphysical operations with alien Adepts and who saved the earth when attacked 3 times shortly after the last great war.
I became a founder member in a spiritual operation of vast proportions and knowledge. It became clear that there is only one Truth and one Reality and that "Truth Is Indeed Stranger Than Fiction", and put it on the back cover of my book "Metaphysics and The New Age".
0 Replies