Possible to block a Facebook friend from seeing your comments on *other* pages and profiles

melde

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 08:48 am
Greetings. There is a a family member friend who constantly 'likes' and adds comments to my comments on public pages and other friends' posts. I have restricted this person and also filtered my own posts from this person. I do not want to go to the extreme of blocking this person or unfriending this person. Is there a way to keep this person from seeing my comments on other pages and friend feeds *without* blocking or unfriending the person?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 903 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 09:11 am
@melde,
Not really (although see below for a possible solution). This is a bunch of privacy settings - yours and your friends' and family's. You can (as you have seen) block or restrict your own photos, etc. all the time. You can also make lists and exclude this person from them, and then just share your photos, etc. to those lists. But when your friends like those images, they are going to show a like in that person's feed (IF that person is friends with your friends or family members).

About the only thing I can think of is to create a closed group and don't invite this person to it. That will probably also make it harder (if not impossible) for anyone within the group to share outside it. Plus you're also dealing with telling your pals to not tell this person - awkward at best.

Difficult but not impossible, but also kind of hard to police.
0 Replies