Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 07:05 am
Here's the real scoop. On 9/11 Osama Bin Laden declared war on us. His plan? To make us panic, start trading privacy for safety, polarize us into an ideological Civil War, and make certain segments of the population start buying guns , shooting each other and drawing out our insecurities, bigotries against each other and grind the political business of the country to a halt. Osama won the war. He made us our own worst enemies. IMO, of course.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 07:21 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.drybonesproject.com%2Fblog%2Fpogo_1.gif&f=1

0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 08:14 am
In addition, putting ourselves on display like this for the world is what will cause virtually all civilized nations to, some reluctantly, eventually abandon us. the dollar will become a national currency, and if you think when business interests have ruined our environment, ruined ability to grow enough food and murdered our chances of ever exporting any of it, that any of the countries we've aided in the past will come to our aid, think again kids.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 09:12 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Someone didn't like the truth, so it got fixed. Got any clue who your nemesis is?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 04:46 pm
there is one in particular and two or three others, who will downgrade my posts if they say babies like milk. F**k 'em Laughing
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 07:51 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Hey, I went up to Akron and they've renamed Simon Perkins. Its Litchfield now.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 04:49 pm
Didn't there used to be a pond around simon perkins where we would go skating after school in the winter? PS notice someone downgraded my posts. Maybe they sobered up enough to turn on the computer
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 01:11 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Right a cross the traffic circle - Forrest Lodge. Still there.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 05:16 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I do remember skating there after school for the one winter I was there
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 05:18 pm
what's Highland Square look like these days? I'm going to assume Isley's isn't there any more
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:04 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Skated there a lot, my high school sweetheart and first Ms Bobsal lived just three blocks away. Her mother still lives in the same house.

Highland Square is LA jr full of ironic hipsters. The theater is still there but the IGA across the street has been torn down, and they're building some sort of huge natural health food suppliment complex three or four stories. Live there for years on Byers - three blocks from the theater. All the bars have different names and the Trecasso's bought Mary Coyle, Capri Pizza is still there. You've heard about the baseball stadium downtown?

I don't know how I missed this for two weeks, sorry, dude.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 07:08 am
@bobsal u1553115,
No I didn't hear of that. I don't keep up having left years and years ago. I lived on the corner of W. Market and Dodge, then Belvedere Way then the apartments at Rhodes and Market. When I first came to Akron we lived with my aunt and grandparents on Hurlbert Ave. If you remember, there was a Toddle House there on Market next to a Sohio station. This is where my father deserted us in the street on my 4th. birthday. That was one of the larger favors ever done to me.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 10:14 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
http://theballparkguide.mlblogs.com/tag/akron-aeros/

The Toddle House is a convenience store, now. After I left home I lived around Highland Square for years. I lived manly at Byers and Market. Did live two years at the Belvedere.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 11:09 am
Quote:
Blue said: On 9/11 Osama Bin Laden declared war on us..

Bad call..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub4/obl-cartoon.gif

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub4/lib2.jpg
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 01:26 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I googled my old address at 65 Belvidere Way. I see THAT part of my old shitheel neighborhood hasn't benefited from gentrification as the apartments next door at Rhodes and Market seem to have by exterior views anyway. The NASTY old house at the corner of Market and Dodge has been replaced by a strip mall or business mall I see. All my memories of those places are dark and negative. Just looking at the images fills me with despair and I'm not kidding.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 01:26 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
That little strip took the place of a bank, the way the bank took the place of a nice old mansion. There's a pet shop in the strip that was my son's first job 25yr ago. Don't let the exteriors fool you! The rent is $1000 +/- there!

Time to swap topics, how about them Yankees?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 04:49 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I lived at the corner of market and dodge in the mid 50's and if you ever saw it as a nice old mansion then someone must have done some major work on it. There was the main home downstairs and a set of rickety steps on the right hand side to a shitty apartment my mother and I lived in and then it was the attic at one time I guess, another small apartment that a family named the Millers lived in. The lady who owned the house, Mrs. Borland, was a mean spirited nasty piece of work and her son even nastier. Perhaps after she died someone bought it and fixed it up. 1000.00 a month on Belvidere Way? Seriously?
0 Replies