Journalism Project

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 04:39 pm
If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,516 • Replies: 3
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 04:49 pm
@meganehannah2,
Meg that's really a good q. The reason for almost all hate, crime, war, and other troublesome activity is ignorance. So what's needed is some sort of worldwide shift in education, to widen the kids' horizon

And it has to start early, first grade or even kindergarten, before teen when it's all pretty well cemented

And yes, no, it's not going to happen, no way. Trouble is, ignorance of the educators (esp them to the right) who don't seem to know the difference between teaching about something and advocating it
neologist

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 07:41 pm
@dalehileman,
One thing suggested by Dale's remark is that higher education levels would lend to a more universal understanding of such moral imperatives as the social contract. A good place to start, though I think more is needed. Social contract might be a good topic by itself, however. Or, Adam Smith's idea of enlightened self interest.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2013 10:24 am
@neologist,
Thank you most kindly Neo. Yours is the third note of support I've gained this AM so happy to report there might be at least four of us
0 Replies