Skype breaks law to cheat customers

dyoung

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2013 05:32 pm
This copy of my "tech support" session speaks for itself.

Summary: You won't get what you paid for AND we won't give you a refund.

Note the form wouldn't allow me to paste in my screen save from the session, but I have it. Here is a typed in transcript:

John Michael B. (Skpye Tech Support)
I apologize for the inconvenience. But it doesn't seem that there's a way for your Skype Premium to have a free calling subscription.

John Michael B.
You need to purchase and pay for a separate calling subscription for US and Canada.

david.young.spain (Me)
It says right here: http//www.skype/com/en/premium/ that you get a free region.

John Michael B.
Yes. But, before you can get the free calling subscription you need to have no calling subscription of the same kind.

John Michael B.
When you purchased the Skype Premium, you have an active Unlimited US and Canada subscription.

John Michael B.
That basically hindered the free calling subscription with your Skype Premium. You only got the Skype Premium, no free calling subscription.

david.young.spain
Ok, but if you check my purchase history, or your support records, you'll see a Premium purchase, Premium refund, Premium purcahse, as I talked with tech support the last time. Your collegue supposedly fixed that and then I repurchased the Premium with US calls. I understand that you're saying it didn't work. So are you also saying that even though the Skype site clearly states that I'm entitled to the free US calls you can't give them to me?

John Michael B.
I apologize for the inconvenience, but you are correct.

david.young.spain
Look the last guy couldn't add them either which is why I had to cancel and repurchase. Let's just cut to the end. If I cancel the subscription, how much of the money do I get back?

John Michael B.
If you cancel the Skype Premium now, you won't get a refund as it is already used. According to Skype's Terms of Use that you have agreed with, we can only process refund for unused adn active products.

John Michael B.
If proceed with cancelling the Skype Premium, technically, you will only cancel the auto-renewal.

david.young.spain
I paid for six months. I've not used six months.

John Michael B.
The subscription will still run until the expiration next year.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,088 • Replies: 3
No top replies

skype user

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2013 10:41 am
@dyoung,
I experience the same thing just now. The customer service John Michael B. does not even answer/reply me after not able to asnwer my question legitimately. Please avoid skype as much as you can, especially skype premium
0 Replies

rudi78

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 03:27 am
@dyoung,
I have the same problem. My email address has been terminated (domain name sold for $$$ but not by me, so it's greed again). So i had to change to another email address. I decided to get my own name.com. I've changed most of my email login, adresses etc. However I didnt change the one of Skype. I rarely call using skype. Now i tried to login and i'd forgotten my login credentials. I've been asked to provide Skype with the most riducules questions: What where your last two calls? How in the world would anyone remember the last calls? If that was yesterday I most likely would remember but then I'd probably would remember my login details as well! But not 9 or 11 months ago.. This clearly are rules setup by people who have no clue about customer needs and service. Some people behind a desk thinking of some 'security' questions only the owner can answer.
I've been in contact with customer service but as with most of those service departments you're just a number, and empty face. I explained them exactly what had happened and the fact that remembering phone conversations such a long time ago is impossible. The answer was everytime the same: We're so sorry. Please give answers to... (all the same questions again).
How thick and desperate must you be in order to sit there and always answering customer complainst with the same answer?
I've asked to give my balance to a charity, well you knwo what charity that is? SKYPE!
I hate them and in all fairness they have not improved (in general VOIP hasnt improved) over the last 10-15 years, although technology has!
0 Replies

Martin84Z

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 02:32 am
@dyoung,
oh thats sad indeed
0 Replies