Kindle Fire or iWhatever or a smartphone?

DrewDad

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 03:19 pm
@boomerang,
You can buy Google Play gift cards, or you can associate a credit card with the account. I'm not sure what other payment methods there are.
boomerang

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 03:23 pm
@DrewDad,
Ohhh! Gift cards! Excellent!

I really like that.

I make him do that with his Xbox account. I won't put my credit card info on there so he has to buy his own point cards. This would work the same way that he's used to. Nice!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 01:11 pm
So I went in to buy the Kindle Fire and walked out with an iPad mini.

Go figure.

I was all set to pay when the salesperson said "You know... for $30 more you can get the iPad mini and more free apps and blahblahblah and not tied to Amazon but you can read all of your Kindle books and blahblahblah" and I coughed up the extra $30.

I hope it's as good a decision as he made me feel that it was.....
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 01:15 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
and blahblahblah and not tied to Amazon

So now you're going to be tied to iTunes. Potato(h)/pota(h)to. Hope Mo enjoys his new tablet. Just be glad that Mo doesn't need to find his way around using Apple Maps. You just might never see him again.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 01:45 pm
@boomerang,
Oh, I'm a bit late then.

I was going to recommend an iPod Touch. We got a free one thrown in with our computer, we didn't seek it out or anything. But sozlet absolutely loves it.

In her age group, they all seem to have iPod Touches and use them for 90% of their online activities. Instagram, Kik, music, various games, etc. Most of them have cheap phones that they use for calling and texting when they don't have access to wifi.

Some of them have actual iPhones, more as they start being handed down from parents who get new ones. (I just got an iPhone! Finally became available with my discounted Sprint plan. I like it way more than I expected to, and I expected to like it.)

An iPad Mini is basically a big iPod Touch. Lots you can do with them.

Not many people around here have those yet since there isn't a lot of point in having an iPad Mini AND an iPod Touch.
mismi

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 06:31 pm
@sozobe,
I think there are many more apps with iTunes than with Amazon -especially free ones. That was another thing I looked up. I don't mind being "tied to" it. I think he will enjoy the iPad mini - but I bet he would have liked the Kindle as well. Smile
0 Replies

Lunda

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2013 02:23 am
@boomerang,
I want share you some best and top 5 Smart Phones.
iPhone 5.
Samsung Galaxy S III.
Nexus 4.
Nokia Lumia 920.
HTC One X+.
I hope you also share your favorite.
0 Replies

EveScherer

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2013 04:51 am
Personally, I've got myself a Nexus 7 since summer last year, and I love it! The support is great and everything runs so smoothly. I use it for reading ebooks, browsing websites and the kids play games.

It's definitely worth the price!
0 Replies