How often do you get a new phone?

jcboy

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2022 06:20 am
All of us have the iPhone 11. Saturday I received a letter from AT&T saying we’re eligible to upgrade to the iPhone 13 for free! I always hesitate upgrading because not everything transfers over; I lose some photos and a few contacts. I don't know why everything on the old phone doesn't transfer over but it's super annoying!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 527 • Replies: 10
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by jcboy
engineer
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2022 06:47 am
@jcboy,
I get a new phone every 3-5 years. I went from an S6 to an S9 and will probably have that one for several years unless it dies on me. What will the 13 give you the 11 does not? I think that is the key question. (Also, is it really "free"?)
jcboy

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2022 06:55 am
@engineer,
A friend of mine has the 13, he loves the camera, claims it takes much better quality pictures. Other than that not much difference. The letter from AT&T does say we can upgrade at no additional charge. Who knows, I may be told something different if I were to walk into the AT&T store.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2022 07:02 am
Slow and clumsy, I use the simplest of flip phones. I stay at home enough my PC does all I need.
engineer

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2022 07:07 am
@jcboy,
My oldest got a 13 and really loves the camera as well. He takes a lot of nature photos so can get something out of it.
jcboy

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2022 07:45 am
@edgarblythe,
I haven't seen a flip phones in ages Edgar Razz
jcboy

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2022 07:50 am
@engineer,
Also the 13 is much larger but my friend said you can get the smaller version of the 13 which is what I would do if I decide to exchange the 11 phones.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2022 07:59 am
I have a Nokia, it makes calls and texts, and it has a good signal.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2022 08:26 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I haven't seen a flip phones in ages Edgar Razz

You must not visit the phone area in Walmart. Smile
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2022 12:04 pm
I get a new phone when I can't avoid it. Like you, I have an iPhone and have had problems every time I switched to a new one. Thankfully, they have Customer Care. I hate all these passwords, log-ins, double verification steps... and sometimes there's a glitch where a site doesn't recognize my information. I see the use of all these technologies and apps, but really hate having to use them. What the older folks who don't have a clue do, I don't know. I really feel for them. I wish I was like Edgar and could just use my old Qualcomm flip-phone Smile

I currently have the iPhone 7 and will use it until it dies (usually you can't get a new battery).
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2022 12:29 pm
My phone is internet capable, but I never activated it..
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How often do you get a new phone?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 03:55:37