5

Even though smartphones are all the go nowadays. Do you still use your computer more for the net?

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 08:39 am
And just your phone ..as.. well a phone?

2  
Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 08:51 am
@tommyirish2,
I use both (BTW, welcome) - I do social media for a living and sometimes it is just easier to see things on the laptop. Plus the content often differs, as mobile users have differing needs.
tommyirish2

2  
Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 08:55 am
@jespah,
Hi Jespah.

Yeah and a lot of sites don't work properly on mobiles anyway. I tend to use the internet more on a computer, laptop usually. I tend to use the phone only for texts and calls.

It does seem that a lot nowadays though use phones more as portable internet devices than actual phones..

3  
Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 09:03 am
I hope they never do away with the desktop PC. It is all I ever use or even want to use.
Region Philbis

1  
Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 09:15 am
@tommyirish2,

if i have a choice, i always use a computer...

and if i only have a phone, i use it as a computer (not a phone)...

saab

2  
Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 09:20 am
Hello and welcome
I have an telephone and a mobilphone but no smartphone. Usually only use the mobilphone when travelling.
Used to have a laptop, but as I write a lot I found it easier on the PC. Writing on a laptop was not relaxing and I could not write fast.
You did not ask - but yes I like to send handwritten letters, often using pastel coloured stationary and matching coloured ink.

4  
Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 10:00 am
@tommyirish2,
I think it depends on how much people have to wait or commute, too. I work from home, so my phone often ends up being used when I'm on the go. That's less often than it is for other folks.

My husband and I text a lot because it's private. If he's on a crowded bus, he doesn't want to be announcing to the world that he wants to go food shopping tonight.

Robert Gentel

3  
Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 01:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
They won't. People will buy fewer and fewer big computing devices an that is what is meant by the post-pc world but there is always gonna be some kinds of work that they are better suited for. They will be like the trucks of computing. Not for everyone but not going away.

2  
Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 01:51 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Good. I hate mine, but I love it.

dlowan

1  
Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 03:39 pm
@tommyirish2,
I don't use my phone much for the net, but I use my iPad most of the time at home. I only really use my computer at work, and most of that is for email.

selectmytutor

1  
Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 03:49 am
@tommyirish2,
I use both because sometimes we need to work for a longer time so that can be done only on laptop or PC

LorenVargas

0  
Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2016 03:35 am
@tommyirish2,
Yes, I am using computer in most cases for the net specially when I am analyzing about some things. I use smartphones for calling, playing games etc.