Even though smartphones are all the go nowadays. Do you still use your computer more for the net?

Fri 13 May, 2016 08:39 am
And just your phone ..as.. well a phone?

jespah

Fri 13 May, 2016 08:51 am
@tommyirish2,
I use both (BTW, welcome) - I do social media for a living and sometimes it is just easier to see things on the laptop. Plus the content often differs, as mobile users have differing needs.
tommyirish2

Fri 13 May, 2016 08:55 am
@jespah,
Hi Jespah.

Yeah and a lot of sites don't work properly on mobiles anyway. I tend to use the internet more on a computer, laptop usually. I tend to use the phone only for texts and calls.

It does seem that a lot nowadays though use phones more as portable internet devices than actual phones..
edgarblythe

Fri 13 May, 2016 09:03 am
I hope they never do away with the desktop PC. It is all I ever use or even want to use.
Region Philbis

Fri 13 May, 2016 09:15 am
@tommyirish2,

if i have a choice, i always use a computer...

and if i only have a phone, i use it as a computer (not a phone)...
0 Replies

saab

Fri 13 May, 2016 09:20 am
Hello and welcome
I have an telephone and a mobilphone but no smartphone. Usually only use the mobilphone when travelling.
Used to have a laptop, but as I write a lot I found it easier on the PC. Writing on a laptop was not relaxing and I could not write fast.
You did not ask - but yes I like to send handwritten letters, often using pastel coloured stationary and matching coloured ink.

0 Replies

jespah

Fri 13 May, 2016 10:00 am
@tommyirish2,
I think it depends on how much people have to wait or commute, too. I work from home, so my phone often ends up being used when I'm on the go. That's less often than it is for other folks.

My husband and I text a lot because it's private. If he's on a crowded bus, he doesn't want to be announcing to the world that he wants to go food shopping tonight.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Sun 15 May, 2016 01:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
They won't. People will buy fewer and fewer big computing devices an that is what is meant by the post-pc world but there is always gonna be some kinds of work that they are better suited for. They will be like the trucks of computing. Not for everyone but not going away.
edgarblythe

Sun 15 May, 2016 01:51 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Good. I hate mine, but I love it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Sun 15 May, 2016 03:39 pm
@tommyirish2,
I don't use my phone much for the net, but I use my iPad most of the time at home. I only really use my computer at work, and most of that is for email.
0 Replies

selectmytutor

Fri 20 May, 2016 03:49 am
@tommyirish2,
I use both because sometimes we need to work for a longer time so that can be done only on laptop or PC
0 Replies

LorenVargas

Fri 30 Sep, 2016 03:35 am
@tommyirish2,
Yes, I am using computer in most cases for the net specially when I am analyzing about some things. I use smartphones for calling, playing games etc.
0 Replies

CameronD

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 11:42 pm
@tommyirish2,
Ofcourse. The reason being the modifications done to the site for mobiles. You won't receive 100% same result when compare the performance in both the devices. More points to the computer. As the sites and pages are created and tested on Computers, its preferable to use PC/Lappies to access those sites for better results. only an extension is made to use those sites for mobiles. efficiency is reduced to few bits. While computers have filters to show you direct results, Mobiles take you to a string of pages based upon keyword searching.
My personal advice- Go for computer.
0 Replies

Uralabd

Fri 27 Apr, 2018 12:04 am
@tommyirish2,
No, I also use cellphones. All people around me use cellphones, I haven't seen people especially using computers for net. They use only for work and while working they sometime surf net, but the purpose is just working not surfing.
0 Replies

EMILYH

Sat 19 May, 2018 05:52 am
@jespah,
Yes, I do use my laptop for internet because I am more comfortable using internet on the big screen. I can work for more time using a laptop.
0 Replies

SilentSyren

Sun 3 Jun, 2018 07:49 pm
Yes, I use my computer for mostly the internet because I can't use it too much on my phone. I have to save my phone data. If I use it all up the phone bill goes up quite a bit. My computer is also used for storage of certain files and organization and sometimes programming.
0 Replies

MKABRSTI

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 11:37 pm
@tommyirish2,
Computer.
0 Replies

awaisali

Wed 4 Jul, 2018 11:12 pm
@tommyirish2,
Yes i'll but net i also a important thing in over file...
0 Replies

LaVitaEBella

Thu 5 Jul, 2018 06:52 pm
@tommyirish2,
I prefer using my laptop when I need to conduct some research, but if I don't have a choice then I will use smartphones for a convenient surfing.
0 Replies

Sheraz

Fri 5 Oct, 2018 04:25 am
I use laptop for my work but mostly use my smartphone for entertainment.
0 Replies