Do You have Any Interest in Seeing MJ Fox and His Misfiring Brain on TV?

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 11:47 pm
Quote:
Michael J. Fox is headed back to his first TV network home for his new comedy.
The five-time Emmy winner's new family comedy project has been ordered straight to series by NBC, the same network which aired Family Ties three decades ago.
"To bring Michael J. Fox back to NBC is a supreme honor and we are thrilled that one of the great comedic television stars is coming home again," NBC Entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt said in a statement. "From the moment we met with Michael to hear his unique point of view about this new show, we were completely captivated and on board. He is utterly relatable, optimistic, and in a class by himself, and I have no doubt that the character he will create - and the vivid family characters surrounding him - will be both instantly recognizable and hilarious. Being in business with him is a supreme pleasure."
Check out photos of Michael J. Fox
Added Fox: "I'm extremely pleased to be back at NBC with a great creative team and a great show. Bob Greenblatt and all the folks at the network have given me a warm welcome home, and I'm excited to get to work."

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainment/tv/tvguide/article/NBC-Orders-New-Michael-J-Fox-Family-Comedy-3802120.php#ixzz249mkOhjN

OH HELL NO! This is going to be like fingernails on the chalkboard. Years ago this guy had enough decency to get OFF the tv because his brain no longer worked well....what the heck happened to his moral compass?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 8,433 • Replies: 70

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 12:07 am
@hawkeye10,
from 2 years ago

0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 06:46 am
Sure, why not?

"Breaking Bad" is one of the most critically acclaimed shows on television and it features an actor with cerebral palsy.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 07:05 am
@hawkeye10,
I think that anyone different from the "norm" should be hidden away, never to be seen by the public.

Then I don't have to acknowledge my own mortality.
engineer

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 07:10 am
@hawkeye10,
If he can do the job, sure, put him on. If it is "like fingernails on the chalkboard" then I'm sure the issue will resolve itself. The free market will handle it one way or the other.
farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 07:25 am
@engineer,
hawkees entire MO is to appear controversial.Hes actually a big pussycat.
What was the name of that Country Western singer who had a severe stutter and made the stutter part pf his act? Are we supposed to avert our eyes an call that an act of morality? Hawkee cmon. morality??really?
ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 07:27 am
@hawkeye10,
He's doing a good thing for the collective AND representing the best of American individualism. Gotta love that.

It must be awkward for hk10, being so out of step with the collective.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 09:04 am
@DrewDad,
DD wrote:
I think that anyone different from the "norm" should be hidden away, never to be seen by the public.

Exactly . . . who are they to make me uncomfortable.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 09:20 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
What was the name of that Country Western singer who had a severe stutter and made the stutter part pf his act?

Mel Tillis

Linkat

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 09:33 am
@engineer,
exactly my thought. For those that it would terrible to see and handle then they won't watch it. If it is too painful like you state, then the show will go off the air.
farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 10:28 am
@mesquite,
Yeh thats him. Think of all the stars who made their afflictions part of their "Specialness"

Ray Charles used to talk about flying his airplane and scaring the band to death , and Stevie Wonder di the same re: driving a HUMMER.
Lou Farigno was deaf and that made his voice sound pretty "challenged"

The comedian who is also a CP sufferer is like the character on SOuth Park (forgot his name) but therve been a few like him as well as several who are morbidly obese (dont recall names just faces)

Itzach Perlmann could make me cry with his fiddling

Its a choice that M Fox made hisself. Its not up to Hawkee or any of us to judge. I way lets see if hes good and then decide.

Thats all I gotta say about that.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 10:34 am
@Linkat,
The network must have some research showing that people want to watch this guy in his current state....who these people are IDK.
Linkat

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 11:33 am
@hawkeye10,
Well I haven't really watched him recently on TV so I am not sure how bad his symptons are - but if they are getting severe, I'd imagine it would the folks that enjoy watching train wrecks.
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 11:42 am
@hawkeye10,
Hawk:
Go to your television area.
Pick up your remote.
Note the position and color of the buttons marked 'ON' or 'POWER'
Promise never to press either one.
Okay.

Now, in the lower left corner of your monitor screen, there is a little box marked START.
Click on that.
When the dialog box opens select SHUT DOWN.

Never touch your computer again.

Joe(Doing these two things will make you happy and a lot of other people happier.)Nation
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 11:43 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Well I haven't really watched him recently on TV so I am not sure how bad his symptons are - but if they are getting severe, I'd imagine it would the folks that enjoy watching train wrecks.

He's been on the Good HouseWife.
Linkat

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 11:47 am
@Miller,
Quote:
He's been on the Good HouseWife.

Of which with my limited TV viewing I've not watched.
Miller

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 11:49 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

what the heck happened to his moral compass?

What does morality have to do with the biochemical basis of Parkinsons disease?
http://viartis.net/parkinsons.disease/biochemistry.htm
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 04:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
You talk about 'moral compass' and then suggest that people with an illness or disability should be hidden away because it makes you feel uncomfortable. Seriously? I love your posts - you crack me up every time.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 11:20 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Pearlylustre wrote:

You talk about 'moral compass' and then suggest that people with an illness or disability should be hidden away because it makes you feel uncomfortable. Seriously? I love your posts - you crack me up every time.

seriously? not purposefully making others uncomfortable is a major plank in the civilized man's code of behavior.

what i expect will happen is that the show will be disaster, Fox will not have the decency to quit, the network will understand that the show should go away but canceling this victim's show will not be deemed politically possible till after a year of losses.

lets wait to see how close to right my guess is.
Pearlylustre

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 11:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
seriously? not purposefully making others uncomfortable is a major plank in the civilized man's code of behavior.

My son has an intellectual disability. Do you think I should keep him at home all day so that he doesn't inadvertently make any unsuspecting member of the public feel uncomfortable? Seriously?