Rainsoft whole house filter carbon replacement

GeorgeG

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 05:33 am
My whole house chlorine removal filter needs to have the carbon replaced and I would like to tackle it myself this time. It has been 5 years since the last change and now there is residual chlorine in the filtered water. The regen process is working properly.

The guy that has done it twice before has a neat rig for easy removal of the carbon that has a pair of pvc pipes that pass through a plastic disk that screws into the threaded neck of the cannister once the valve body is unscrewed. Water is used to force the carbon out of the tank from the bottom up. What can I use as the threaded disk portion of the rig (looks like a gray plastic hockey puck with threads around the perimeter). Thanks,

George
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 4,088 • Replies: 2
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 09:17 pm
@GeorgeG,
If you have the proper tools and follow procedure It's not a tough job.

I don't use the extractor you speak of, but they are pretty neat.
GeorgeG

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:19 am
@H2O MAN,
The extractor really is not necessary. You just have to man handle the filter housing at a downward angle with a bucket and water hose to flush it all out. Not as elegant but gets the housing just as empty for the rebed.
0 Replies