What jobs allow me to do abstract math?

contrex

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 10:30 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent wrote:
I am angry, because she acts like bitch, and I don 't like bitches. I ******* slap people for overstepping, understand?

You are an idiot. You can no more "slap" anyone on here than you can slap a ghost. All you can do is type what you seem to think are "scary" words, words which show that you have a pathological hatred (and fear) of women's bodies and (I expect) your own. Since I am not a woman, you are wasting your time talking about my "****" and how you would like to stick a knife in it. Or perhaps you know I am a man, and think that the ultimate "hurtful" insult would be to suggest that I am a woman. Either way, you need to see a psychiatrist. Maybe you already do, possibly by order of a court, or is that still in your future?
High Seas

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 07:47 pm
@contrex,
He's not an idiot - he's crazy. He may well have a BS in math from UCLA, as he says http://able2know.org/topic/166868-1#post-4486076 but in the 4 years since he got it he somehow sank into insanity. Nothing however - nothing - justifies deleting his posts and (for all I know) banning him from this forum.

I refuse to post on any such heavy-handed "sanitized" forum so this will be my last post here. Nice meeting you, Contrex, and Francis, and all the rest of you.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 07:54 pm
@High Seas,
I've no interest at all in banning Turing.
Deleting his threads - I haven't so far if I remember correctly. I do delete his expletive packed posts. Inchoate rage has neither charm nor argument value, and certainly not at the front of a classroom.
Oylok

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 11:01 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:

Nothing however - nothing - justifies deleting his posts and (for all I know) banning him from this forum.

I don't think I've seen posts by regulars get deleted before now, but then I haven't been here very long.

Quote:

I refuse to post on any such heavy-handed "sanitized" forum so this will be my last post here. Nice meeting you, Contrex, and Francis, and all the rest of you.

You're going then?

Well, that sucks--for the rest of us. I'm sure the links you provided to the Math reference sites will prove incredibly useful. Thanks !
ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 11:59 am
@ossobuco,
Adds, by deleting I meant thumbing down.
High Seas

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 06:31 am
@Oylok,
Thanks - decided to look in again; plan to stick with math- and science-related topics. Not too many kooks posting on those - relatively speaking. Our friend Turing appears to have been booted from the forum in addition to having his posts here deleted - which strikes me as grotesquely arbitrary and unfair.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 06:37 am
@ossobuco,
Thank you for that clarification - then you, also, may be interested in the passage from Alice through the Looking Glass I just posted on another thread Smile
http://able2know.org/topic/145429-52#post-4592563
0 Replies

MannaWalker

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 11:57 pm
@Fido,
I agree, but math can use in multiplication, addition and division too. Smile Just use wisely! Wink
0 Replies

helmi15

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 06:13 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
Finite elements method engineer.
0 Replies

StephenBotsford

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 05:53 am
If you you really don't like that job then just gave your resignation letter and then do in which you are having interest. Becoming a professor of maths is very nice and reputed job. You can also give classes to students who want to study maths from you.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 09:16 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
What jobs allow me to do abstract math?

Become a relativist.

All their math is nothing but superfluous abstract mathematics.
0 Replies

Amitagerg

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2015 12:48 am
@ehBeth,
I agree with you ehBeth.
0 Replies

Jk22

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 04:09 pm
@High Seas,
Hello. For the op : Doing abstract maths can be dangerous for the brain maybe you should go to disability then you can do what you want ?
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2015 09:18 am
@TuringEquivalent,
Other than teaching, most applied mathematics seems to involve killing people as with cryptography and defense applications. If you're ok killing people, governments always need mathematicians for code work.
0 Replies

toddhicks209

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 04:08 am
I think that careers involving math include computer science, engineering, construction and carpentry. You can do research on industries that fit what you are looking for. By the way, profanity on forums is unnecessary.
0 Replies