“Lunar” meteorite contains blood turned into magnetite?

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 02:51 am
“Lunar” meteorite contains blood turned into magnetite?

The following peer-reviewed article describled a "lunar" meteorite:

http://digitalcommons.library.arizona.edu/objectviewer?o=uadc%3A%2F%2Fazu_maps%2FVolume44%2FNumber9%2Fd11265e9-b8e0-49a7-846d-f813d6884871
However, I found red blood cell remains in its Figures 2,3,4 ( image d) and 5. Can you believe that? A meteorite originating from the Moon contains blood remains and the blood remains turned into magnetite (labelled by article author as mt—short for magnetite). Can you believe that?

Additional image showing red blood cell remains within a pool of blood turned into magnetite (labelled by NASA geologists as Mt—short for magnetite)
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/publications/slidesets/marslife/slide_23.html

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 3,898 • Replies: 45
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 06:23 am
@bewildered,
bewildered wrote:

However, I found red blood cell remains in its Figures 2,3,4 ( image d) and 5. Can you believe that? A meteorite originating from the Moon contains blood remains and the blood remains turned into magnetite (labelled by article author as mt—short for magnetite). Can you believe that?

So in your professional opinion as a person who frequents crackpot web sites and conspiracy theories, those micrographs show red blood cells. Is that what you're telling us?
Setanta

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 06:45 am
@bewildered,
bewildered wrote:
Can you believe that?

No, i long ago reached the point at which i don't believe any of this drivel you post.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 07:07 am
@rosborne979,
Ah, those bloody meteorites!

I bet some exsanguination happened on the moon, preventing brains from functioning..
0 Replies

bewildered

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 08:30 am
@rosborne979,
Point 1: At least some Martian magnetites found by NASA came from blood.
Point 2: Most meteorites originated from Mars.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 08:37 am
Grabbing my tin-foil hat to prevent what's left of my brains from being splattered by a meteorite.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 09:37 am
You know that dotted line isn't really in the rock, don't you?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 09:43 am
I am curious though bewildered. What size do you think the red blood cell is that you are seeing? 10um? 100um?
bewildered

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 04:45 am
@parados,
Added on Feb. 27, 2011:
Red blood cells turned into magnetites

Many people wondered how red blood cells could turned into magnetites. So, I turned the original micrographs into negative effect to expose several red blood cell remains in a pool of
magnetites. See these two fully labelled figures:
Edit [Moderator]: Link removed

rosborne979

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 06:35 pm
@bewildered,
Quote:
Carbonaceous chondrite meteorites are from the asteroid belt and almost certainly never had life in them. They do contain many types of organic chemicals, but the organic chemicals do not have the characteristic chemical signatures of life as we know it. So, by themselves, the layered carbonate globules in ALH 84001 are not proof of life on Mars.

Dr. A. Bischoff (Westfälische Wilhelms-Universitat, Munich)
bewildered

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 08:29 pm
@rosborne979,
"Carbonaceous chondrite meteorites are from the asteroid belt and almost certainly never had life in them."
Rock guys know no anatomy. That's why they think all rocks almost certainly have never had any life.
In fact, anatomy knowledge alone is not enough. Anatomists need to spend long hours training their eyes to distorted tissue structures of fossils before they could confidently recognize them.
parados

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 09:43 pm
@bewildered,
Ah.. so you are telling us that red blood cells are less than 1um in size?

That's interesting since you argued red blood cells wouldn't fit in tubules that are 6 um in diameter.
bewildered

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 10:25 pm
@parados,
"Ah.. so you are telling us that red blood cells are less than 1um in size? "
Why did you say that? Why do you have to smear me? I never said red blood cells are less than one micron in size. Particles imaged in micrographs can look smaller or larger than they really are when they are out of focus or when they are located at drastically various distances from the object lens. You are a vicious person.
bewildered

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 02:24 am
@bewildered,
Added on Feb. 28, 2011:
Significance of magnetites originating from blood

Besides the two figures mentioned yesterday ( Edit [Moderator]: Link removed

Edit [Moderator]: Link removed )

I found this Wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetite
exhibits magnetites with blood vessel remains articulated to them as marked in this figure:

Magnetite is Fe3O4. Many Fe & O can be found in a single red blood cell. However, the Fe & O in Martian red blood cell remains have been re-arranged into Fe3O4—magnetite, although the Martian red blood cell remains are still looking like red blood cells. In other words, Martian life has degraded chemically BEYOND recognition while its cells are still recognizable up to this day.

In view of the above, if life is to be found on Mars in an easy way, high-magnification microscopes are needed.

rosborne979

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 06:09 am
@bewildered,
bewildered wrote:
Rock guys know no anatomy. That's why they think all rocks almost certainly have never had any life.
In fact, anatomy knowledge alone is not enough. Anatomists need to spend long hours training their eyes to distorted tissue structures of fossils before they could confidently recognize them.

So what is your background? How did you get the expertise to recognize structures that others can't recognize?
parados

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 08:09 am
@bewildered,
Now you are claiming a slice of rock will have items out of focus when it is magnified? And those same items are so much farther from the lens that they look at least 8 times smaller than they should be?

Who's smearing you bewildered? I am only pointing out YOUR inconsistencies.
bewildered

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 08:36 am
@rosborne979,
"How did you get the expertise to recognize structures that others can't recognize?"
It's actually very simple. You can simply concentrate on
1. recognizing the shape and size of human/animal cells/tissues in textbooks;
2. search Google images for meteorite SEM (scanning electron microscopy) and look for images that match human/animal cells/tissues.
3. Compare/re-check the images you found in Google with those in textbooks or "histology learning system" on internet .
bewildered

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 08:38 am
@parados,
Shameless one, tell me please where did I say red blood cells were less than one micron in size.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 10:32 am
@bewildered,
bewildered wrote:

"How did you get the expertise to recognize structures that others can't recognize?"
It's actually very simple. You can simply concentrate on
1. recognizing the shape and size of human/animal cells/tissues in textbooks;
2. search Google images for meteorite SEM (scanning electron microscopy) and look for images that match human/animal cells/tissues.
3. Compare/re-check the images you found in Google with those in textbooks or "histology learning system" on internet .

But in your quote from before...
bewildered wrote:

... you made it sound like a difficult challenge learning to recognize distorted images.

But now you're saying it's so easy even an untrained individual (like yourself) can do it. Your argument seems inconsistent.
djjd62

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 10:39 am
a wise man, a mr. p. floyd, once said
the lunatic, is on the grass

stop bogarting that stuff and pass it around
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o309/limabeanlover/Smileys/toking_smileys.gif
0 Replies