“Lunar” meteorite contains blood turned into magnetite?

parados

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 11:06 am
@bewildered,
The items you point at in the magnified piece as being red blood cells are 1 micron or less .
wandeljw

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 11:53 am
I found the following item being sold on the internet:
Quote:
Unique meteorite slice originating from Mars and containing Martian mammalian fossils of red blood cells and blood vessels.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 02:10 pm
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

I found the following item being sold on the internet:
Quote:
Unique meteorite slice originating from Mars and containing Martian mammalian fossils of red blood cells and blood vessels.

Oh great, so this guy is just a good viral marketer? Although I suppose that speaks better for him than being a delusional fool.
0 Replies

bewildered

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 04:27 am
@parados,
I presume you were talking about these two images:
1. Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
Caption clearly mentions red blood cells were four to five microns across.
2. Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
The red blood cell at the farthest right measures about three microns across.
The smallest red blood cells of Earthly mammals measure 2-3 microns across.

I do not need many RBC remains to prove my point. Two or three would be enough.

bewildered

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 04:38 am
@rosborne979,
Originally it was very difficult to do pioneering work in discovering animal cells in rocks. It becomes easy because I point out an easy way. Before me, no one knows there were animal cells in meteorites.
However, there are still challenging, more difficult work left to be done. Not all work is easy.
rosborne979

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 04:55 am
@bewildered,
bewildered wrote:

Originally it was very difficult to do pioneering work in discovering animal cells in rocks. It becomes easy because I point out an easy way. Before me, no one knows there were animal cells in meteorites.

You need to prove they are animal cells before you can say you've discovered than. You definitely haven't Proved that yet.
parados

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 07:40 am
@bewildered,
Quote:
The red blood cell at the farthest right measures about three microns across.
The smallest red blood cells of Earthly mammals measure 2-3 microns across.

No, it doesn't. It is 1.67 um based on using the outside of the shaded pixels. In reality it would be less because the lighter pixels on the outside do so because the object doesn't fill the entire pixel.

The top one, third from right, measures 1.1 um from outside pixel to outside pixel. Again, it would be less than that based on the way pixels work. So, you are clearly fudging your numbers based on simple measurements.
bewildered

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 09:33 am
@bewildered,
Added on March 2, 2011:
Magnetites of Martian meteorite ALH84001 originated from animal blood

The reasons are as follows:
1. Dr. David S. McKay of NASA has proven that some of the magnetites found in Martian meteorite ALH84001 had their origin in biology.
2. No geologists objected to the above claim of Dr. David S. McKay.
3. Dr. David McKay proposed that Martian microbes produced some magnetites in meteorite ALH84001, but produced no direct evidence of Martian microbes that are generally accepted.
4. I proved that red blood cell remains in meteorites could turn into magnetites (note 1).
5. I proved meteorite ALH84001 contains fossilized remains of red blood cells and osteons (note 2).
6. Blood is the only proven biological source of magnetites that had their origins in extraterrestrial life. Animals other than microbes, such as human beings, bees, fish, etc., also produce magnetites in their bodies to help them maintain orientation. But these sources have not been proven in extraterrestrial life and their quantities are far smaller than magnetites originating from blood.

In view of the above reasons, magnetites of Martian meteorite ALH84001 should have originated from blood of Martian animals.

Note 1: see earlier posts contained in this same thread/article.
Note 2: see article at
Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
bewildered

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 04:03 am
@parados,
Didn't you see this figure?
Old Goat

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 04:04 am
I've just been digging in the garden and found a chunk of magnetite that looks an awful lot like moonrock.

Any suggestions as to where I should stick it?
0 Replies

bewildered

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 04:08 am
@rosborne979,
Pathologists and medical doctors often use red blood cells in micrographs to measure the sizes of other cells/tissues as the sizes of red blood cells they see are usually between 5-8 microns across. So, you can see that they do not need proof to confidently recognize red blood cells and use their sizes as a tool of measurements.
parados

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 08:28 am
@bewildered,
This looks as much like a red blood cell

. <---- red blood cell

In fact that period uses more pixels than your supposed red blood cell.

0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 08:30 am
@bewildered,
That is in a picture that is KNOWN to contain living cells including red blood cells.

But it continues to ignore your pictures that represent red blood cells as being less than 1um in size.
rosborne979

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 03:34 pm
@bewildered,
bewildered wrote:

Added on March 2, 2011:

1. Dr. David S. McKay of NASA has proven that some of the magnetites found in Martian meteorite ALH84001 had their origin in biology.

Dr. McKay in no way proved what you claim. His only conclusion was that there were items in the meteorite which could be interpreted as having come from bacteria (Bacteria don't have blood or red blood cells) like organisms.

And many many scientists have challenged his conclusions, although none have ruled them out as a possibility. Here's one: http://www.lpi.usra.edu/lpi/meteorites/life.html

Not only have you not proved anything, but you haven't even drawn reasonable conclusions from the evidence you've selected to work with. And beyond that you've proposed a collection of outright fantasies so outlandish and fraught with impossibilities as to stagger the imagination of anyone still in possession of an ounce of sanity.
bewildered

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 01:36 am
@rosborne979,
I did not bother you with this new edition of similar post of March 2. But you should read point 1 and Note 1 in this new edition:
Added on March 3, 2011:

1. Dr. David S. McKay of NASA proved in June 2009 (note 1) that some of the magnetites found in Martian meteorite ALH84001 had their origin in biology.
2. No geologists has objected to the above claim of Dr. David S. McKay.
3. Dr. David McKay proposed that Martian microbes produced some magnetites in meteorite ALH84001, but he presented no morphological evidence of Martian microbes that are generally accepted.
4. I proved that red blood cell remains in meteorites could turn into magnetites (note 2).
5. I proved that meteorite ALH84001 contains fossilized remains of red blood cells and osteons (note 3).
6. Blood is the only proven biological source of magnetites that had their origins in extraterrestrial life. Besides microbes, animals such as human beings, bees, fish,pigeons also produce magnetites in their bodies to help them maintain orientation. But the original sources of magnetites produced by microbes and animals for orientation purposes have not been proven in extraterrestrial organisms. Furthermore, the quantities of such magnetites should have been far smaller than the quantities of magnetites that originated from Martian blood.

In view of the above reasons, biologically produced magnetites found in Martian meteorite ALH84001 should have originated from blood of Martian animals. This conclusion also proves the existence of Martian animals in the past.

Note 1: see article at http://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/pdf/403099main_GCA_2009_final_corrected.pdf

Note 2: see article at http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-562245

Note 3: see article at
0 Replies

bewildered

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 12:39 am
@parados,
How about this one?
bewildered

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 12:59 am
@parados,
Don't you know that red blood cells are unique no matter where they are found?
"Unique" means nothing resembles it. Your periods ............... or any other misnerals do not resemble it.
parados

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 09:25 am
@bewildered,
Quote:
How about this one?

Sure.. you can write the caption and make it say whatever you want.
When measuring the dot compared to the 50um line it measures 1/24th of the 50um line. I can do the math myself and see that your 4-5 is wishful thinking on your part.
parados

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 09:27 am
@bewildered,
What is unique is how you can claim a black speck is red blood cells that don't resemble other black specks that aren't red blood cells.

Is all magnetite really red blood cells? Or does some of it occur in other ways?
0 Replies

bewildered

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 10:43 pm
@parados,
Red blood cell "A" in this micrograph is surely 4-5 microns across:
What do you think was its diameter?