What types of things are Hispanic women/Latinas into?

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2011 09:47 pm
What types of things are they into? I am curious-I don't know that much about them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 8,245 • Replies: 21
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 02:55 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

What types of things are they into? I am curious-I don't know that much about them.

This is a stupid question. You may as well ask "What types of things are Canadian women into?" They are all different.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 05:30 am
@contrex,
I'm referring to their CULTURE. I don't know that much about their culture. I know what Asian women are into because I spend time talking to them, and researching it.

That's NOT a dumb question.

If I wanted to date a Latino I would like to know what they are into. How is that dumb?
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 05:35 am
@contrex,
If you looked you would have seen I tagged this thread with a CULTURE tag.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 06:59 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
If I wanted to date a Latino I would like to know what they are into. How is that dumb?

A Latino is a male. That's how dumb you are. If I asked you what "white" women are "into", could you give me a meaningful answer? Of course not. Or Red Indians? (You'd probably say tomahawks and moccasins and allege that you werent racist because you know to call them Native North Americans)

snood

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 07:18 am
It's a dumb question, made to seem even dumber by the revelation that the questioner is clueless as to why its dumb.
jespah

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 08:12 am
@snood,
I am part-Sephardi and also Jewish. Essentially, I am a Jewish Latina. There is no requirement of a certain percentage of Spanish blood in order to be considered Latina/Hispanic. Therefore, I am although, I will admit, the percentage is rather small. But there is Spanish on my father's mother's side of things.

Therefore, I will answer this question. I enjoy computers, cooking, the Internet, working out, movies and travel.

I do hope that you realize now just how absurd this question is. Okay? I am not -- please don't misunderstand me -- I am not trying to make you look ridiculous. But I do want you to get that asking this question -- even if you get a million responses (and you won't) from Latina women (and how are you going to verify that a respondent is female, or Latina, or Latina enough, somehow, for your purposes?) who are sincere in their statements of what they like -- is not going to get you the answer that you are looking for.

These are individuals, not a separate species. They are not a monolith, to be readily categorized into one easy bucket that says that they all like long walks on the beach and the musical stylings of Cole Porter. These are people. Get to know the individuals and you will understand them.

BTW, FYI, if I were to be approached, back when I was single, by a guy speaking either Spanish or Yiddish to me, in some attempt to impress me, I would try to see if I could find someone to help this person. I do speak Spanish, but it's been years. I was not brought up speaking either Spanish or Yiddish in my home, except for little bits of Yiddish, and I took Spanish (and French, actually) in High School. Attempts to impress are, well, they're nice if they're well-thought-out. But these kinds of specific efforts would probably not go over perfectly well, at least not with me. And, again, seeing as I am an individual, my Mexican cousins (yes, I have them) might see things differently.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 08:19 am
Jespah wrote:
They are not a monolith

But, like the world, some can be stone.. Very Happy
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 06:12 pm
@contrex,
Excuse me-I meant LATINA. I KNOW what a LATINO is.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 06:13 pm
@contrex,
I'm not White- why would you ask ME what white women are into?

I'm an AFRICAN-AMERICAN male. I don't give a CRAP about white women.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 06:15 pm
@contrex,
Apparently you don't know when someone makes a TYPO.

If I wanted to date a Latina I would like to know what they are into. How is that dumb?

FIXED.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 06:26 pm
@JGoldman10,
It's dumb because latinas and latinos number in the many millions and they aren't some kind of production stamped persons that are somehow all into the same interests.

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 06:28 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't know that much about Latin/Hispanic culture aside from what I see on TV.

What can I do to impress a Hispanic/Latina woman, besides speak Spanish or Portuguese?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 06:30 pm
How the HELL am I being racist?-I am asking a question about culture.
contrex

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 07:02 pm
@JGoldman10,
From my inbox...

JGoldman wrote:
What "thing" about Asian women are you talking about?

That myth about them being submissive? I KNOW That's a myth.

No, that's not the one I meant. It's more... anatomical...

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 07:06 pm
@contrex,
I don't know what you are talking about.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 07:07 pm
How am I being racist? Why is this thread tagged with a RACISM tag?
0 Replies

soozoo

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 07:12 pm
@JGoldman10,
You are never going to find a woman if you sit in front of a computer all day asking questions. Now put the mouse down, freshen up a little and go start looking.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 07:13 pm
@soozoo,
I'm not really interested. I ask questions about women because I am curious about them.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 07:17 pm
Using an internet search engine such as Google and doing a seach for sites about hispanic culture, you find informative sites such as:

Understanding the Hispanic Culture

Hispanic Generations and Hispanic Culture

Teaching from a Hispanic Perspective - A Handbook for Non-Hispanic Adult Educators