Listen to On Point for a discussion of Hawking's Avoid Aliens pronouncement

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 09:42 am
On Point, the NPR discussion program hosted by Tom Ashbrook, today reviewed Hawking's advice to avoid aliens.

With prominent astronomers, including the director of SETI, Jill Tartar, the program was fascinating. Paul Davies, astrophysicist, also contributed.

I am listening to live streaming now but you can probably listen later this evening.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,404 • Replies: 3
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 12:45 pm
@plainoldme,
Sounds good. I'll see if I can get the podcast.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 12:33 pm
yes very interesting.
it seems the aliens have taken over hawking's brain to instill terrorist alien panic.
Exclamation

just kidding,
it's pretty wild though, indeed. so now at least hawking admits the probability.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 07:09 am
@plainoldme,
Might be moot. If aliens are in range to detect signals from Earth, avoiding them may be impossible. Plus, if things go on as-is, we're doomed. Whether climate change, disease, or war, we're gonna wipe ourselves out eventually. Aliens showing up, even hostile ones could unite the planet like nothing else can. Short of actually breaking up the planet, some would survive.
0 Replies