The Official a2k "I <<HEART>> College Basketball" Thread!

Kolyo

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 04:47 pm
Can any a2k basketball "experts" explain why Gonzaga (2) is ranked ahead of Virginia (3) when the Zags have apparently played only one ranked team this year and in fact lost to that team? They were ranked ahead of Duke, too, when the Blue Devil were a one-loss team. I'm not looking to start an argument, here. I'm just trying to convince myself that Gonzaga has an argument.
panzade

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 05:05 pm
@Kolyo,
The Zags are the top-shooting team in the nation and their defense is improving every game.
Have to see how they do against some ranked teams.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 12:20 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

UVA lost toDuke and Florida is tanking.
Gonna be a long season. Sad

As Cubs fans like to say, "there's always next season..."

Virginia is already at the top of some polls:
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25138457/virginia-headlines-ridiculously-early-preseason-top-25-and-one
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 12:58 pm
Coach K did it again!
Kolyo

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 01:09 pm
@panzade,
Yep, in the end the team that was supposed to be able to beat Kentucky didn't even have to. I'll take it. Smile

I was cheering for Duke, as I always do, but it was strange, watching them all celebrate and knowing that 3 of their 4 freshman are probably gone next year.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 10:44 am
@Kolyo,
Peter Jackson hopefully will adapt the UConn and Geno Auriemma success story into one epic trilogy!
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2017 11:10 pm
News of the year: Wichita State moves into the American Athletic conference from the Missouri Valley. Clearly they want their program in the spotlight for years to come.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 01:01 pm
@Kolyo,
Sabrina Ionescu Sets NCAA Record — Hours After Speaking At Bryant Memorial
Quote:
Deep in the third quarter against Stanford, Oregon guard Sabrina Ionescu picked up a defensive rebound.

It was a big one: With that play, Ionescu became the first NCAA basketball player, male or female, to reach the milestone of 2,000 points, 1,000 rebounds and 1,000 assists in a career.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2020 11:19 am
@tsarstepan,
Sabrina Ionescu's Decision To Play Another Season For Oregon Could Net A Championship
https://imgur.com/23OnpoL.jpg
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2024 03:18 pm
Guess who's prayers WEREN'T answered.
Grambling women beat College of Biblical Studies 159-18
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2024 12:15 pm
Caitlin Clark — a 'tsunami of impact and influence' — breaks the NCAA scoring record
Quote:
Iowa's Caitlin Clark has captured the NCAA's women's all-time points record, surpassing 3,527 points on Thursday against the Michigan Wolverines.

The Hawkeyes guard overtook previous record holder Kelsey Plum in 13 fewer career games, while taking fewer shots. Her deep 3-point shot, showmanship and competitive intensity have sold out arenas, where seats go for hundreds of dollars, and broken TV viewership records.
0 Replies