Obama's Senate Replacement Must Be Black

maporsche

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 01:08 pm
@parados,
I'm sure most would be demanding that.

That's not the same as selecting someone based on RACE though.
dyslexia

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 01:09 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

cjhsa wrote:

Blagojevich is a complete idiot. Don't expect too much from him.

This is like an endorsement of him.

Cycloptichorn
is like?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 01:19 pm
@dyslexia,
Yeah, should have edited that word out Laughing

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 01:20 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

It's a given that a black person needs to fill Obama's Senate seat? Is that what doesn't need to be spoken aloud?

If that's what you meant, are you serious?

Don't be so deliberately obtuse.
maporsche

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 01:30 pm
@eoe,
It's not deliberate; I guess I am that obtuse.

Is that SERIOUSLY what you're trying to say? You actually agree with Rush?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 07:49 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
That's not the same as selecting someone based on RACE though.

Race isn't the same as other distinguishing characteristics?

Wow, that's a revelation.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 08:36 am
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

joefromchicago wrote:

Phoenix32890 wrote:

Aw, com'on. That was one man's opinion. If the governor is smart...

I think you've hit upon the primary problem here.

Joefromchicago has a point which needs to be recognized. Only ONE person gets to vote on Obama's replacement and that is the Illinois Governor. The governor's popularity has gone down for various reasons. This governor will simply make a choice based on what is most helpful for himself politically.

I kinda like Tammy Duckworth for the job.

Quote:
Tammy Duckworth, an Asian-American, lost both legs in combat in Iraq " she volunteered to fly helicopters because it was one of the few combat jobs a woman could get " and was personally recruited to run for the House in 2006 by Dick Durbin with the enthusiastic support of Rep. Rahm Emanuel, who would go on to engineer her campaign; David Axelrod, who would become her media consultant; and Barack Obama. (Duckworth, like Obama, now opposes the war in Iraq.)

Duckworth lost narrowly and is now Blagojevich’s director of veterans affairs. Should Obama's replacement be black - Politico

I think he'll appoint himself. I can't see any other way he'll have a job after 2010. Someone has to be first and last in everything the pollsters track but Rod has the dubious honor of being the least popular governor in America

Quote:
Approval ratings

Polling completed on October 13, 2008 put Blagojevich's approval rating among Illinois voters at 4%.[5] Blagojevich ranks as “Least Popular Governor” in the nation according to Rasmussen Reports By the Numbers.[6]

On October 23, 2008, the Chicago Tribune reported that Blagojevich suffered the lowest ratings ever recorded for an elected politician in nearly three decades of Chicago Tribune polls. The survey of 500 registered likely voters conducted showed that 10 percent wanted Blagojevich re-elected in 2010, while three-fourths said they didn't want him back for a third term. The survey also showed only 13% approved of Blagojevich's performance, while 71% disapproved. Only eight percent of the state's voters believe Blagojevich has lived up to his promise to end corruption in government. 60% of Democrats did not want him to serve another term in office, and 54% disapproved of the job he had done. Among independent voters, 83% disapproved of his performance and 85% of them rejected a Blagojevich third term.[7] Blagojevich said in October 2008 that if he were running for re-election this year, he would win, and the economy, not his federal investigations, had caused his unpopularity.[4]

In February 2008, Blagojevich's approval ratings had been, by various accounts, 16% to the low 20s, but still lower than those of President George W. Bush in Illinois.[11]
0 Replies