whole house water system for city water

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2008 07:44 am

I have a 3.5 bath house on city water ( i have 5 kids so probably high volume). Had a sales pitch from Rainsoft...and just knew it was BS at an exhorbitant price. Don't really trust their test results but here goes.....hardness = 7, nitrates = 5, chlorine present (duh!), Iron = 1.0.

i currently have no system and use the 5 gallon bottled water for drinking. Spend about $30 per month on bottles water.

can you give me any insignt into what sort of system would be appropriate and effective? I am not having any problems, just think i can do better than buying and hauling 5 gallon jugs.

Thanks Chris
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,300 • Replies: 4
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2008 02:41 pm
The finest whole house water system available for city water is the ECOwater ERR3500.
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 12:57 am
@cksadler,
Do you want to be dependent on a local dealer for installation and service or install it yourself, or hire a plumber to do it, and fix it yourself?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 09:06 am

The overwhelming majority of homeowners demand a local water quality
improvement company that sells, installs and services what they say.

Water quality improvement is best left to the local professionals.
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 06:21 pm
@cksadler,
I would get more thorough testing done. Interesting that you have iron AND chlorine. With only 7 gpg, you can get a very high efficiency system and use very little salt over the years.

If you are spending $30 a month on bottled water...wow. You can do much better by getting a quality RO. No wasted bottles, no shopping, rarely would you run out, use it for plants, pets, steam irons, etc., that you don't use bottles for. Also, you have better control over quality; who knows where the bottled water comes from.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II
0 Replies