How you can help us with the new site

Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:18 pm
1) Give us some time to work out things. There's a LOT to do.
2) Vote. Vote the old topics and posts. This site's culture is vote-driven now, so go out there and help establish it. Vote the interesting and useful stuff up and vote the ugly stuff down.
3) Tag stuff. Tagging becomes more useful the more it's used. So if you have a topic about Obama, for example, that's only tagged "politics" go tag it "obama" so it's better categorized.
4) Ask questions using the question topic type, tag it "able2know" and it will be easier for us to find. Selecting an answer when we give one will mark the question answered and make it easier for us to find other ones.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 9,224 • Replies: 14
Topic Closed
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:20 pm
@Craven de Kere,
Oh, and don't hesitate to give feedback either. Tell us what you think sucks, just try to be patient about what we can do for you and when.
hamburgboy

Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:46 pm
@Craven de Kere,
cdk wrote :

Quote:
Ask questions using the question topic type, tag it "able2know" and it will be easier for us to find.

do you want us to post questions under "ask a question" - left side ?
or should we post right here in this thread ?

anyway , thanks for all your effort !!!
even this old dog is "beginning" to get the hang of it - slowly !
hbg Laughing
jespah

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 03:58 am
@hamburgboy,
He's talking about the standard usage of the site, not questions about how to use it. At least, that's my understanding.

Essentially, go ahead and use the site. There's the usual silliness and seriousness to be had. Smile
hamburgboy

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 10:09 am
@jespah,
Quote:
He's talking about the standard usage of the site, not questions about how to use it. At least, that's my understanding.

i'm not talking about "how to use" questions , but wondering if "feedback/questions" should be entered on this thread , so that craven and others won't have to hunt all over the place looking for them .
putting all "feedback/questions " here (at least during the conversion/debugging process) would also allow users to just go to this one thread and be able to tell if their question had already been asked and perhaps answered .
it's still early in the conversion process and we'll all be learning for some time to come .
hbg
Craven de Kere

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 11:33 am
@hamburgboy,
I'm fine with whatever and would likely find it if I have time either way, and if I don't it wouldn't matter anyway.
0 Replies

Linkat

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 12:29 pm
Not sure where to list this - but a possible suggestion - could it be set up so you don't get logged out every 5 minutes. I tend to leave a2k open and come back and forth to it when I am running reports. While my reports are running and I can't do any work, I go to A2k. Then I go off for 10 minutes to run another report and so forth - I keep getting logged out.
Craven de Kere

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 12:42 pm
@Linkat,
Are you using the "remember me" cookie?
Linkat

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 12:43 pm
@Craven de Kere,
I'll try it - but it could be my work pc does not allow it for some reason - I know the remember me doesn't work on some stuff I have tried
0 Replies

Linkat

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 02:33 pm
@Craven de Kere,
I thinked it worked - thanks
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 03:18 pm
@Craven de Kere,
Craven de Kere (Post 3358484) wrote:

Oh, and don't hesitate to give feedback either. Tell us what you think sucks, just try to be patient about what we can do for you and when.
Sure would like to see them PM's come back soon. Before long; I'll be texting like a 14 year old girl! (and won't need PM's as much)
0 Replies

nimh

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 03:23 pm
I've been tagging, tagging, tagging and tagging.. my fingers are sore ;-)

Thanks for fixing the problem with tagging, btw! Works like a charm now, with a ten-tag limit.
0 Replies

saab

Sat 16 Aug, 2008 09:44 am
@Craven de Kere,
It would be easier to find the subject/s you are interested in if the tags were listed alphabetical
0 Replies

littlek

Sat 16 Aug, 2008 11:40 am
Would the best approach be for us each to tag our own threads? At least at first?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Sat 16 Aug, 2008 12:00 pm
I mentioned this on a couple of other threads and it may or may not be appropriate here and/or practical at all within the new format (which I mostly do like a lot). The one feature that seems to be bothering and/or frustrating the most members is the vote up or vote down thing. It feels wrong to vote down a thread that doesn't interest us personally, just to get it out of the way, but which is a perfectly good thread that does interest many. One man's poison is another man's treasure and all that?

Maybe some consideration to how that might be addressed?
0 Replies