Raise Your Hand if You Give an F about Beckham and Posh

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 06:11 am
Wilso wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:
She made her money before she met Beckham, through her own talent.

They called her "Posh" spice because she was from a wealthy family. Used to get dropped off at school in a Rolls. She was already rich.
Thanks I didnt know that. How long have you been a fan? :wink:
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 07:37 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
FIFA wrote:
The minimum pitch dimensions for an international match are 64 x 100 metres

So you'll have to learn the proper meaning of "football" and the metric system at the same time. Should be fun Very Happy

Outside of those minimum dimensions, what is the other criteria for the shape of the field?

Secondly, do you call it the penalty area, or "the box"?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 07:49 am
So I watched the Victoria Beckam show last night. (I was bored). She came to the US to find a place for her family to live in LA. There were a lot of weird things about the show. One, she was funny and witty even if perhaps a little stupid . Two, while they were looking for houses for her to buy, she made a long rant about the pool/patio being a death threat. There was no railing and there was a several foot drop and a steep decline below that. The house she ended up buying seemed to have a more precipitous drop and still no railings. Three, when she went to get her 'family' from the airport, the footage never showed their kids, just her and Beckam and the paparazzi.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 08:04 am
littlek wrote:
when she went to get her 'family' from the airport, the footage never showed their kids, just her and Beckam and the paparazzi.
David probably left them behind..he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

cj football pitches vary in size, a rectangle 90 to 120 metres by 90 to 45 metres.

The correct name for the rectangular area in front of goal is the penalty area.

But most people say "box" as in "no penalty, he was outside the box"
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 08:44 am
You got it - the word "rectangle" is the key. The pitch has to be longer than it is wide, even if only by a few inches, that is the FIFA rule. FIFA also hates it when people call it "the box".
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 08:56 am
Anyway, back to the topic. She's awfully skinny, but she does have a heck of a set of headlights.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/lifestyle/2006-09/14/xin_3309031411038391831610.jpg
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 09:07 am
I saw at least five more attractive women on the way to work this morning.

I think we've gotten used to calling her attractive, since she always had the rest of the Spice Girls around to make her look better.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 09:09 am
there you go cj, talking like an old hand already.

(headlights also measured in metric)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 09:11 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
there you go cj, talking like an old hand already.

(headlights also measured in metric)

I am a FIFA Level 8 ref...
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 06:17 pm
Gargamel,

When I raise my hand, does it count if I only have my middle finger showing?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 06:25 pm
I'm giving Beckham a pass for now, in that the galaxy played better (so I read) when he was in there. (I didn't follow him before, so I've no clue re his history, except that I gather he is in the waning phase.) The celebrity stuff is a compost of old hats for me.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 06:20 am
lezzles wrote:
Gargamel,

When I raise my hand, does it count if I only have my middle finger showing?
I bet you were crying when David got hurt yesterday Lezzles. His leg was broken, but being brave he carried on.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 06:22 am
His leg was broken? What?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 06:36 am
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sarcasm
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 08:48 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
I bet you were crying when David got hurt yesterday Lezzles. His leg was broken, but being brave he carried on.

Only one leg? Of course he'd carry on - he's a Pom, isn't he?
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 04:20 am
It has been bugging me for days now, ever since I first read this thread, and I have only just remembered the name.

There was an absolutely brilliant UK comedy series (circa 1999) called Alistair McGowan's Big Impressions in which he and his co-host Ronnie Ancona, did wonderful impressions of the Beckhams at home. Talk about rolling about on the floor laughing! Anyone else remember it?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 05:05 am
lezzles wrote:
It has been bugging me for days now, ever since I first read this thread, and I have only just remembered the name.

There was an absolutely brilliant UK comedy series (circa 1999) called Alistair McGowan's Big Impressions in which he and his co-host Ronnie Ancona, did wonderful impressions of the Beckhams at home. Talk about rolling about on the floor laughing! Anyone else remember it?
yes really very funny. David's all right but he's not exactly razor witted. But then he doesnt pretend to be, and he doesnt have to be! (Although there was a university prof who offered a course in footballing skills of Beckham which he equated to the mental ability of Einstein.... Laughing )

Which reminds me of a joke. David and Victoria arrive back in London from NYC. Cab driver asks if they had a good time, where did they go

David said they had a great meal in a restaurant

Where was that?

David: "Railway station"

Cabbie Liverpool Street? David No

Euston?
No

Paddington?
No

Victoria?

David...thats it

"Victoria, what was the name of the restaurant in New York".
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 06:35 pm
Rest up that ankle, Becks, for the Toronto game, Aug. 5.
0 Replies

Doowop

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 11:06 pm
lezzles wrote:

What, you mean these?

Holiday chat.

And the Ali G interview. Unmissable.
0 Replies

Doowop

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 11:44 pm
All the mums go aaaah. Beckham, aged 8. Great video of when he was a boy.

The lad lives for football.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 07:29:38