Raise Your Hand if You Give an F about Beckham and Posh

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 11:49 am
Let me count here.

It looks like...okay it looks like NOBODY GIVES AN F_ING S.

America does not care about

a) soccer
b) the Spice girls

But because we DO care about self-perpetuating celebrity manufactured OUT OF THIN AIR, and because Iraq and Darfur are a bummer to read about, these incipient immigrants have a chance at absorbing a portion of limelight and BORING US TO DEATH.

Here is some garbage for you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,147 • Replies: 59
No top replies

Miller

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 11:53 am
How about F+?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 11:57 am
I give them an Incomplete.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 12:36 pm
I didn't even know who they were until I clicked on you link.

So, I guess you could say I don't care.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 12:41 pm
I think David Beckham is genuinely gorgeous, though more so 5-10 years ago than now. That's of rather limited import, though. He sounds like he's genuinely an extremely talented soccer player too but it's just not a sport I follow.

I think Posh is way scarier than the Spice Girl who claims that title.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 04:52 pm
who are they?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 04:52 pm
who are they?

OH wait..

thats that spice girl huh..

The one who looks like a pumpkin on a toothpick..
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 04:07 am
I believe the attention will disappear when the media realize that yielding to the couple's P.R. people isn't paying dividends.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 04:11 am
Hand definitely down. But I'm always amazed when the media goes on about various celebrities and their ridiculous antics. Obviously, the world is full of pathetic people with meaningless lives who get something out of reading/listening/paying attention to all the useless garbage.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 07:57 am
It's sad. Americans DO NOT WATCH SOCCER, and the media is hoping if they keep shoving this guy down everyone's throat, he's going to turn the sport around, aka Tiger Woods.

Media: "Here's a celebrity! I know you don't give a f**k about him, but we're going to keep flashing his ass on tv until he's relevant in US pop culture."
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 08:48 am
I've heard of David Beckham. Isn't he the one who sobbed like a schoolgirl when England lost during the World Cup Games?

Wuss.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 09:21 am
Yes that's him, Stray Cat Laughing
Well, he's 32 years old now which means he'll have another 5 years as
a soccer player then he's shipped out. By then, his toothpick (how appropriate) has spent a fortune already, and the two of them will return
to England and apply for government assistance.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 09:24 am
Yeah, I don't see them going broke.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 10:43 pm
I think she's already got her own reality TV show.

I'm guessing it involves a lot of political dialogue.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 10:49 pm
Can't get it up for them. Saw shots of her on some award show with Chris Tucker. She's really kind of strange looking, to be honest. They came together as a power couple but they seem to be really fake. Like someone's marketing campaign. Hopefully their marriage is based on more than that.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 11:23 pm
Rolls eyes.... while they've landed at Home Depot Center...
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 07:20 am
Welcome to this side of the pond, No. 23.
0 Replies

YellowRosebud

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 03:29 pm
I watched the special on them last night on TV. I actually really liked it and was pleasantly surprised. I thought Victoria was very funny and entertaining. She was kind of quirky, silly, and seemed really fun! Not the impression at all that I had of her before. And I would like to see David Beckham play soccer sometime. I also think the hype will go away after they have been here for a while.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 04:08 pm
you lot are just jealous because you dont know how to produce celebrities anymore
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 04:22 pm
I think the Beckhams will go down a storm in USA. They are not without talent. One can sing and dance, and Victoria can pitch a ball.

Just the sort of meaningless froth the americans love, and they know it.

just seen Victoria choosing a house in Beverley hills, actually quite funny in bits.

she's ok. Quite a nice line in self deprecating humour.

Very English in a way.

They are of course both on missionary work to bring football to the unenlightened masses of North America . OK bye
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Raise Your Hand if You Give an F about Beckham and Posh
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 06:50:26