Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 10:39 am
Any clue would be appreciated - What links a raft, an American Indian chief, a mythical city and a Gerry Anderson TV show?
ALSO
Where does Marlon Brando follow a New York Yankee?

Many thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 898 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Tufdevil

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 02:51 pm
Evening, Upandrunning.

Not heard from you for a while.

Number 7 (Mack the knife/From Russia with love) You are looking for a husband and wife. The wife had a novel line in footwear in the film!

Number 10. They are all titles of singles by an instrumental group of the 50s/60s. Used to back a huge selling pop star.

Let me know if these clues don't get you there.

By the way, thanks for posting the question. I didn't know this month's quiz was out yet. A day early. 47 correct answers last month! I thought it was hard.
0 Replies

Tufdevil

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 03:00 pm
Sorry, Upandrunning. I answered the wrong question

Marlon Brando and New York Yankee

The Yankee is Dimaggio and you are looking for the lyrics of a Madonna number 1. Single word title

Tufdevil
0 Replies

upandrunning

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 02:04 am
Thanks tufdevil, All correct last month! Thanks for your help. I'm away for 5 weeks from today, so had to try and get my answers in. Good Luck and thanks.
0 Replies

seren

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 11:19 am
Tufdevil, you are a genius! I could not see the connection to the Mack the Knife question. Thank you, I have spent a week researching that. Seren
0 Replies

Tufdevil

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 04:25 pm
Thanks for the compliment Seren, but I'm not a genius. I just don't like being beaten by the quizmaster and I am beginning to understand how his mind works I think!

Any more quiz questions you get stuck on, just post them in this forum. I will try to lead you to the right answer, if someone else doesn't beat me to it!

Tufdevil
0 Replies

seren

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 04:33 pm
Thanks, Tufdevil. I have managed to complete the quiz and I have sent it off, one of 18 all correct so far. I don't hold out much hope of winning though, because I've been doing crosswords and quizzes for years and I have only ever won a bottle of wine!!!( and that was for helping a friend with a local church quiz and she gave me the wine she won) Still, it keeps the old grey cells ticking over, that's the main thing.

I really enjoy the Quizzy Heights quiz, only discovered it recently.

Thanks again, Magaret
0 Replies

Tufdevil

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 05:02 pm
You're welcome.

Keep quizzing
0 Replies