The Flop That Was Live Earth

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 03:43 am
material girl wrote:
Just to wind me up even more there was an article in the paper this morning about Madge playing guitar, saying she isnt accredited with guitar playing and was she really playing it, and she couldnt possibly play it with her long nails!!!

Well, as far as I know she has been playing for around 5 years and not once have I seen Madge with long nails!

Madonna is a remarkable entertainer. Its not just the singing and dancing. Its doing both simultaneously and looking great with it. She must have fitness level of a professional athlete. No one comes close imo.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 04:06 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
material girl wrote:
Just to wind me up even more there was an article in the paper this morning about Madge playing guitar, saying she isnt accredited with guitar playing and was she really playing it, and she couldnt possibly play it with her long nails!!!

Well, as far as I know she has been playing for around 5 years and not once have I seen Madge with long nails!

Madonna is a remarkable entertainer. Its not just the singing and dancing. Its doing both simultaneously and looking great with it. She must have fitness level of a professional athlete. No one comes close imo.

Nicely said.
I think of her as having an athletic build, she needs to be fit for her job, and she is a fanatstic example of this.
She is definately an all round entertainer in whatever form it takes, wether you admire her performances or laugh at her clothes, people just notice her at some point or another.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 12:03 pm
material girl wrote:

You know, as I mentioned before, I'm suspicious that Roger Waters wasn't even singing during at least part of his set. It seemed odd that while the lyrics were being sung, the image of him on the stage seemed not to even be moving its mouth at the time. I know for a fact that Akon (cocky shithead) was singing along with a backup track behind him, including his own vocals. It was obvious.

So I can understand why these people might not think she was playing her guitar. She surely might not have been.

I've been looking around for any news items or websites that mention this, but I haven't found anything. If anyone does, I'd love to read it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 12:45 pm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/07/10/nmadonna110.xml

And more links at http://www.drudgereport.com (the original blogger)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 01:00 pm
Rob Sheffield in RollingStone

Quote:
... ......
Madonna's new theme song "Hey You" was unfortunately not a rewritten Pink Floyd song ("hey you, drivin' SUVs / Dumping toxins in the breeze, can you hear me?") But Roger Waters did show up to sing "Another Brick in the Wall," yet skipped the temptation to have his confused-looking children's choir chant, "We don't need no carbon emissions."

In terms of music, Live Earth was short on the two things that usually make superstar benefit concerts fun: strange duets and dead-band reunions. ... ...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 01:10 pm
Quote:
In terms of music, Live Earth was short on the two things that usually make superstar benefit concerts fun: strange duets and dead-band reunions. ... ...

Those are the two things that I hate the most about these things. I was glad they only had a little bit of that, although Kanye West jumping around acting like an idiot yelling, "yeah...yeah...get your hands up...yeah" during the Police's "Mesage in a Bottle" was pretty f---ing bad. Not bad enough to totally ruin it, but definitely bad. He had no idea what the hell he was doing out there. John Mayer played during that song with them too, and he was actually fine. Didn't mess with anything too much or try to call too much attention to himself, and he didn't act like an over-excited dim-wittted cheerleader, like Kanye did.

John Mayer's set was probably the highlight of the whole concert. Or maybe it was that awesome giant flying pig during Another Brick in The Wall. I can't decide.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 07:25 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
material girl wrote:

Prince is better.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 10:38 am
i got his new album courtesy of hte daily mail recently

one day i might listen to it

give me some encouragement
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 03:40 pm
You talkin' to me?

You shouldn't need encouragement to listen to any kind of music. If you can't be arsed then just don't.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 03:56 pm
well you could say

yes its good i like it

or stick it in the cd player rather than wedging the door

or its a difficult piece, you have to stick with it but in the end you'll get it
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 07:44 pm
The reason it flopped is because they contracted with a bunch of feel good, head in the sand, global warming anti-everything retards to play the music. To understand the world and be a part of the spirit of the wild, you can't be in denial over what allows your own existence.

Hunt something, kill it, skin it, cook it, and eat it. Then maybe I'll come to your "Live Earth" concert.
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 04:46 am
if that's the best the west has to offer in the way of helping the underprivileged masses - God 'elp 'em
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 05:20 am
Well its better than handing out blankets infused with smallpox.

I was listening to Der Ring Des Niebelungen by Chet Atkins.
0 Replies